SAIC is recruiting a Solutions Architect, Senior Principle to support our FDA program. This position supports the CFSAN team, driving technological architecture guidance, with respect to HPC, cloud, network, backup, storage and virtualization optimization.
The preferred candidate will possess strong analysis skills with a broad-based background and demonstrated depth of understanding in all HPC technologies to include expert level, hands on, command line based HPC systems design, stand-up and administration of current and future HPC environments. The candidate must be able conduct briefings, participate in technical cross-functional meetings; demonstrate a clear capability to interface with customers, SMEs and vendors.
This position will require expert level, intense Linux/UNIX knowledge with
an additional emphasis on integration with various scientific platforms. Also expertise in setup, configuration and administration of Windows and OS X Scientific Workstations and integrating them with Active Directory/etc is required.
Skills and Experience:
Plan, recommend and assist with implementing strategies around entire HPC infrastructure
Collaborate with all teams to help guide strategic hardware choices and configuration in association with the rest of the environment
Create proposals, documentation and associated drawings in support of the working environment and future planning
Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, able to convey complex ideas and theories to technical and non-technical alike
Full working knowledge of infrastructure technologies, to include storage, backup, networking, virtualization (VMWare / Citrix), Unix / Linux, Windows)
Work closely with Program and Technical management to ensure proper focus is given to scope and timelines
Proactive communication to manage scope and schedule for multiple priorities
Participate and adhere to change management processes
Customer Service Focus and expert customer interface skills
Must possess a solid track record for superb customer satisfaction and communication on HPC matters
Expert level system administration experience of Son of Grid
Computing systems, hands on queue management, and HPC system OS level upgrades required
Must be able to earn and maintain Public Trust Clearance.
FREEDOM TO ACT: Works under consultative direction toward pre-determined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Virtually self-supervisory.
IMPACT: Decisions affect the financial, employee, or public relations posture of the organization. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would normally result in failure to achieve goals critical to the major objectives of the organization.
LIAISON: Serves as prime consultant and external spokesperson for the organization on highly significant matters relating to policies, programs, capabilities, and long-range goals and objectives.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• Bachelor's Degree in science, chemistry, physics, engineering, information systems, computer science, MIS or a related field at fourteen (14) years of relevant experience. Will accept an Associates degree and sixteen (16) years’ of relevant work experience. Will accept an additional 4 years of experience in lie of a Bachelors degree
• 5 years direct experience supporting FDA or HHS or a similar government agency.
• Must be able to demonstrate successful progression and knowledge
• Cisco network engineering and administration
• In depth knowledge of HPC Security
• LINUX RedHat 7 or above certification with no more than 6 months to subsequent re-certification.
• Cloud technologies
• Independent, motivated individuals with good oral and written communication skills for documenting process and procedures, and briefing reports are desired.