Senior Administrative Officer
United States Department of State
State Annex-1 (SA-1)
2401 E Street NW,
Washington, DC 20006
Requires: Secret Security Clearance (May begin work with an Interim Secret Clearance)
ATSG Corporation is seeking a qualified candidate to fill a position as a Senior Administrative Officer
to support the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs’ (INL) Office of Knowledge Management (KM).
The U.S. Department of State is the lead institution for the conduct of American diplomacy and the Secretary of State is the President’s principal foreign policy advisor. The Department of State’s mission is to advance U.S. national security interests, fight terrorism, protect U.S. interests abroad, and implement foreign policy initiatives that build a freer, prosperous and secure world.
The Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) keeps Americans safe at home by countering international crime, illegal drugs, and instability abroad. INL helps countries deliver justice and fairness by strengthening their police, courts, and corrections systems. These efforts reduce the amount of crime and illegal drugs reaching U.S. shores.
The Office of Knowledge Management, facilitates technical advisory services to INL program offices, oversees the best-in-class program design approaches, including applying standard metrics to measure the impact of INL’s overseas programs, and using evaluations to learn from our foreign assistance programming; and develops training for INL employees as well as INL academies around the world. INL/KM works closely with all INL offices. The INL/KM office is comprised of three divisions: Division of Design and Learning (INL/KM/DDL), Continuing Education and Training Division (INL/KM/CET), and the Technical Advisory Division (INL/KM/TAD).
The contractor serves as a Senior Administrative Officer supporting the INL/KM Director on site supervisor and provides support to coordinate activities across all three (03) INL/KM Divisions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the Senior Executive Service ranked office director overseeing a three division, 60 + personnel office.
- Serves as the point of contact and processing for documents being sent to the Director, including ensuring that all documents are complete and ready for director action.
- Contributes to or assists with market research of qualitative and quantitative data projects on behalf of the Director that support overall office objectives related to the mission of the office.
- Prepares or coordinates preparation of a wide range of events, trips, reports, briefings, presentations, memos, and publications.
- Contributes to the designs and coordinates events, drafts talking points, and creates/executes strategies to maximize office engagement opportunities.
- Liaises with and responds to inquiries from various internal and external stakeholder groups.
- Coordinates tasks, such as the weekly report to the INL Bureau, “welcome home” notices, and any other INL/KM submissions across the three divisions by compiling, editing and ensuring submissions are compliant with the tasker.
- Clears tasks with division directors and the office director before submitting them on behalf of the office.
- Tracks Executive Office and Front Office taskers for the INL/KM office by keeping a spreadsheet and updating the office director and division directors on progress.
- Develops tracking spreadsheets and other tools to track activities, the implementation of, and the impact of INL/KM programs across the three (03) divisions.
- Liaises closely with staff in all three (03) divisions, to ensure a good relationship and smooth operation of offices; especially in answering internal and external taskings.
- Acts as a backup on budget taskers, compiling input, and clearing documents with the division Directors and the Office Director.
- Works in a situation that permits or might permit access to confidential business information or other inherently governmental, sensitive information.
- Schedules meetings, appointments, and conferences (sometimes large scale in nature) in accordance. In addition, this responsibility includes reminding attendees of scheduled events to ensure prompt and timely attendance and reschedules appointments when it is clear not all commitments can be made or contact other personnel to attend meetings in lieu of the supervisor.
- Researches information that is difficult to obtain, compiles data, makes preliminary analysis for the supervisor or other staff officers as appropriate
- Maintains files and records accurately through various Microsoft Office platforms by using spreadsheets, charts, graphs, etc.
- Aids in requisitioning office supplies, printing support, and related materials.
- Assists with INL/KM staff participation in training events, conferences, and other events that may be required on occasion.
- Serves as backup on time and attendance as needed
- Assists with E2 functions and other associated travel matters as needed.
- Works with OMS staff to manage supplies and liaise with INL/EX/GSO, and IT offices.
- U.S. Citizen
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or four (04) years of experience at the GS-12 equivalent or higher.
- Demonstrated ability to communication effectively orally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to provide excellent customer service and executive management support.
- Skill and ability in managing multiple concurrent activities of varying complexity, including changing priorities and short turn-around times.
Level of Effort:
- Able to gain and maintain a Top-Secret clearance.
- Bachelor's from an accredited college or university in business or international relations.
- Graduate Degree from an accredited college or university in a Business, International Relations, or related field.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, as well as Tableau and other software designed to analyze and visualize data.
- Prior demonstrated executive-level administrative experience.
*Candidates are encouraged to submit a .doc or .docx resume that explicitly addresses each of the requirements listed above.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination. Visit http://bit.ly/FederalEEO for more information.
Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Recruiting Team.
This contractor and subcontractor shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of protected veteran status or disability and require affirmative action by covered prime contractors and subcontractors to employ and advance in employment qualified protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. To comply with Federal law, ATSG Corporation participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.
- Hours for the position will be the core hours of the Department of State: 8:15 am to 5:00 pm, unless the INL on-site supervisor approves another time.
We respectfully request not to be contacted by recruiters and/or staffing agencies.