Responsible for coordinating with all necessary organizations to satisfy every VTC user request for multipoint, point-to-point, secure, and non-secure VTC conferences. Supervise the installation, operation and maintenance of endpoints including portable systems and software-based Cisco Movi/Jabber clients. Oversee maintenance actions including inspections, service contracts, and upgrades. Perform visual inspections and testing weekly and before every use. Support monthly communication checks. Review and validate log of all MACs performed to the VTC network. Ensure VTC system components meet all STIG requirements as set forth by DISA. Configuring dial plans and associated call policies in the VCS control and expressway servers. Provide user training for call planning, scheduling process, and system controls and operations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated experience using VTC Codecs, Audio Mixers, Multipoint Control Unit (MCU) Systems, Cisco Video Communications Server, Cisco Communications Manager, Cisco/Lifesize/Polycom Codecs, Cisco Telepresence Management Suite Server, Firewall Traversal, Border Controller, IPVTC/VOIP, AV automation, wiring, amplifiers, microphones, projection systems, video cameras, and other A/V peripheral equipment, and STIG implementation.
- Strong business communication skills with strong verbal communications to interface effectively
- Strong customer service
- Must be able to effectively conduct and interpret tests, and troubleshoot solutions of highly complex operational problems
- Detail oriented and organized; able to understand AV/VTC systems and ensure accuracy of work
- Able to review the work of others and detect errors or needed modifications
- Able to identify and resolve problems or inadequacies of systems operations
- The work is performed in an office setting. Occasional and intermittent travel for official purposes is required.
Education and Certification Requirements
- BA/BS or equivalent + 8 yrs. of experience in Video and Audio communications
- Video Certification required
- ITIL v3 Certification preferred
- DoDI 8570.01m Certification required
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.