GDIT is looking for a Technical Engineer to provide high quality, enterprise level, technical support on GDIT Solutions for our customers, partners and other GD/GDIT team members.
Our Technical Support Engineers possess excellent knowledge of systems, network and application monitoring tools along with the drive to rapidly learn the newest technologies. Impeccable communication skills (written and verbal) focused on sustaining market leading customer loyalty is a key requirement for this position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The Technical Engineer provides support for GDIT Solution suite.
- Perform hands-on installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of GDIT solutions
- Act as an advocate for GDIT solutions
- Flexible and willing to learn new technologies and applications
- Review and translate customer use cases into detailed technical requirements
- Translate customer requirements into a project plan, develop a SOW and implement the solution
- Participate in departmental projects
- Self-motivated and able to work independently on multiple engagements/projects
- Ability to maintain a positive and cooperative attitude in sometimes stressful situations
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize competing project timelines
- Provide support for customers in regards to GDIT solutions
- Creative person who looks for new and innovative ways to resolve problems
- Effective team player willing to assist others when needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Proven experience with implementation of enterprise level network management or application performance products
- Thorough understanding of IT infrastructure, application, and enterprise infrastructure best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 2+ years’ experience supporting/using enterprise class infrastructure monitoring platforms
- 2+ years’ experience supporting/using enterprise class configuration and policy management platforms
- 2+ years’ experience supporting/using enterprise class ITSM platform
- Basic understanding and supporting/using AI/ML analytics
- Basic understanding of Linux operating system experience
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.