Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Special Operations Performance Dietitian (Fort Bragg, NC, USASOC)
We attract the best minds in the world because our expertise thrives on creativity, resourcefulness and collaboration. That is how we supply our clients with cutting-edge solutions and services.
We are seeking a stellar Special Operations Performance Dietitian that will provide guidance and counseling on nutritional practices to enhance recovery and optimize performance for special operations forces (SOF) personnel, with the priority on SOF Operators and Direct Combat Support personnel on the Preservation of the Force and Family (POTFF) contract. At KBR we maintain a highly qualified workforce to help care for service people and astronauts – Could this be you?
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Performs administrative and clinical duties within their scope of practice.
• Provide nutritional planning, counseling, and documentation that is guided by evidence-based peer reviewed literature.
• Advise the chain of command on issues pertinent to nutrition and performance nutrition.
• Provide individual and group counseling for guidance on performance nutrition.
• Design and implement performance nutrition programs for SOF personnel in Garrison, TAD/TDY, and deployed settings.
• Develop nutritional protocols and guidelines for rehabilitation and performance.
• Collaborate with the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator for implementation of new protocols and guidelines.
• Assist other regional SOF assets as required by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator and approved by the chain of command.
• Attend and participate in meetings with other POTFF staff members and medical personnel as requested and/or required.
• Ensure that adequate educational materials and sports nutrition specific supplies are available.
• Assist with supply inventories and provide input on supply needs.
• Ensure that equipment and facilities under the purview of the Performance Dietitian are in safe working condition and are properly utilized.
• Ensure that records are updated as required.
• Participate in periodic in-service training for members of the HP Staff.
• Attend required training in accordance with guiding instructions. Commands will allow for attendance at the necessary conferences or courses to complete continuing education units required to maintain professional certifications.
• Perform administrative duties, which may include maintaining records of workload, participating in education programs, and participating in clinical staff quality assurance functions.
• Participate in peer (record) reviews as directed and required.
• Develop and promulgate training materials as requested and required by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
• Perform other tasks, within the scope of the PD position description, as assigned by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
• Master’s level degree in Nutrition Science or related field.
• Certification from the American Dietetic Association (ADA) as a Registered Dietitian (RD) and a specialty certification as a Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD). CSSD certification may be waived by the COR if all other qualifications are met; however, the CSSD should be earned within six months of employment.
• Current and valid state certification/licensure.
• May be required to receive and maintain clinical practice privileges.
• Minimum of 3 years or more of demonstrable accumulated experience (continuous and sustained experience preferred) as a Performance Dietitian with individual athletes and groups of athletes at the levels of NCAA Division I, Olympic, professional, and/or SOF Operators in the accompanying, respective settings.
• This position requires a Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance.
• Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
• Capable of meeting physical demands of training with SOF including the ability to hike over rough terrain and function in austere environments to observe SOF training evolutions and the ability to assist with strength and conditioning testing and training protocols.
• Must be able to lift and manipulate loads and plates up to 25 kilograms.
Desired Education, Experience, Skills or Training:
• Prior military and/or SOF experience.
• Certification as a Certified Strength and conditioning Specialist (CSCS).
Standard Company Requirements:
• Position requires U.S. Citizenship
• Perform other assignments and duties, as required.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .