Quality Manager (AFPSL) Please Note: Position is contingent upon contract award.
KBR Government Solutions delivers full life cycle professional and technical solutions that improve operational readiness and drive innovation. Our solutions help ensure mission success on land, air, sea, space and cyberspace for the Department of Defense, intelligence community, NASA and other federal agencies. KBR’s areas of expertise include engineering, logistics, operations, science, program management, mission IT and cybersecurity.
Our people make the world a more productive, efficient and fascinating place. And that’s only the beginning.
Metrology Quality Manager (AFPSL) will be responsible for providing overall quality direction, management, and leadership to multiple work-groups or units engaged in technical measurements and related activities.
- Develops an effective Quality Systems and deploy across all calibration laboratories. Establish sound process to ensure a robustness system.
- Develop and ensure initiatives to improve and sustain calibration quality across all calibration laboratories comply with the program governing requirements including current revisions of ISO-IEC 17025-17, TO 20-14 and governing TO requirements
- Schedules and drives the labs internal audit process and management review process.
- Review, approve or develop corrective actions to ensure robust Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) is taken for metrology process audit/inspection deficiencies. Drive corrective action cycle time down.
- Establish effective root cause corrective action and failure mode analysis processes and tools to drive effective mistake proofing and failure mode elimination.
- Conduct and/or facilitate briefings and technical meetings with senior or executive management. Providing internal audit and management review reports and briefings.to management - Drive continuous improvement work streams in support of the metrology activities, customer experience, delivery and cost initiatives.
- Directly partner with the other functions to improve quality, delivery, cost competitiveness, and customer satisfaction.
- Provide leadership in deploying and sustaining the Quality management systems
- Co Create and implement short and long term vision for Metrology function and technician competence thru training, testing, over the shoulder evaluation and authorizations to perform calibration, operate equipment and issue reports.
- Evaluate procedures for compliance to contractual and regulatory (ISO 17025-17, TO 20-14, AFMETCAL requirements and TO requirements.)
- Provide leadership, guidance and coaching to lab technicians and technical staff.
- Strong knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025-17, TO-20-14.
- Maintain the business’s quality management system for accreditation to (ISO/IEC 17025-17) and or specific endorsements.
- Document and conduct 17025 internal audits for all appropriate locations annually.
- Document and conduct 17025 management reviews for enterprise annually.
- Develop, document, and coordinate 17025 3rd party accreditation audits
- Develop, document, and coordinate accreditation scope additions and/or removals.
- Conducts and/or facilitates briefings and technical meetings with senior or executive management (PMO).
- Co-Develop, Edit, Train, and Execute 17025 compliant manuals, supporting procedures across the full spectrum of quality standards (ISO17025-17 (or current revision) and/or specific Z540.1, Z540.3, etc.).
- Drive the 17025 / TO 20-14 implementation process across the KBR / AFPSL platform.
- Ensure all manuals, procedures are current. Obsolete documents are watermarked and in the appropriate Physical or electronic file location.
- Drive the Training of staff on relevant consensus methods and performs OTS evaluations and authorizations for calibrations. Compiles and analyzes data to ensure the calibration technicians are achieving required thresholds.
- Make recommendations for organizational structure and lab optimization.
- Coordinate with customers or technicians to resolve technical issues, as necessary.
- Coordinate purchase requests as necessary.
- Drive, edit and implement supplier evaluation process and approved supplier evaluations.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- Undergraduate Degree and 9+ years of related experience or equivalent experience in lieu of degree
- Metrology experience required, preferably PMEL trained. Metrology experience in managing a calibration business or other related field.
- Should have excellent 17025-17 (or current revision), Z540.1 and Z540.3 knowledge and proficient with the use of METTeam or metrology management software
- Needs to be thoroughly familiar with 17025 quality system documentation.
- Experience in 17025 3rd part auditing for an accreditation body.
- Current or Ability to obtain Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship required due to client requirement.
- Current ASQ CQA or CQE certification, Lead and or technical auditor endorsement from a 3rd party is a plus but not required.
- Understanding of commercial and PMEL metrology.
- Should have good knowledge and experience with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong communication skills.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .