EPBL: Principal Technical Professional - Aeronautical Engineering
This position reports to the KBR EPBL Program Director and all duties must be performed onsite at Hill AFB, Utah.
- Researches, designs, develops, and tests structures, propulsion units, and guidance and control subsystems for aircraft, missiles, or spacecraft. Analyzes aerospace product or equipment specifications and performance requirements to determine designs, which can be produced by existing manufacturing or processing facilities and methods.
- Evaluates new technologies for application in improving design of aerospace systems.
- Plans, coordinates, directs, and evaluates testing of aerospace systems. Performs risk assessment of aerospace systems and generates risk mitigation plans and strategies requires in-depth knowledge and experience. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve Group’s products or services.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Requires conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related discipline.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market.
- Has in-depth knowledge of DOD, Agency, and/or industry standards and engineering requirements.
- Acts as a mentor or advisory resource for colleagues with less experience; may run small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad Program/ Department/Section guidelines and policies.
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus.
- May have formal, but limited, supervision of team members at a Department level to include verification of time cards, oversight of daily tasks/schedules and input into performance appraisals.
- May be the primary customer contact for assigned area of responsibility.
- Requires a college or university degree in Engineering
- May be entry level for those with an advanced degree
- Typically requires 4 to 7 years of relevant experience
- Greenbelt certification desired
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written), Interpersonal and team skills
- Must be a US Citizen
- 10% Travel required
- Perform other duties as assigned
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .