SAIC is seeking an Air Traffic Control (ATC) Specialist(s) with Performance Based Navigation (PBN) / Time-Based Flow Management (TBFM) experience to support the Metroplex Program Office (AJV-143) with technical subject matter expertise and analytical support for the integration of PBN within Metroplex areas.
The successful candidate will work with researchers and program staff, providing ATC comprehensive expertise including the following activities:
· On-site support for evaluating and modifying recommended adaptations for site preparation of new and existing Metroplex changes.
· Reviewing and evaluating the capabilities of currently available tools; developing requirements, where study indicates, to adapt these tools to support Metroplex goals.
· Developing implementation plans and processes, site adaptation, training requirements, and studies to assess the impact of change on the ATC workforce.
· Providing ATC technical analysis and support for procedures development, training, and other OS functional responsibilities relating to changes to TBFM
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical discipline as required, as well as 10+ years' experience as an air traffic control specialist. Additional experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Extensive knowledge of air traffic operations, and procedures in both Terminal Radar Approach Control (TRACON) and Air Route Traffic Control Centers (ARTCC)
- Detailed expertise and understanding of the Traffic Management Advisor (TMA)/Time-Based Flow Management (TBFM) capabilities and use
- Familiarity with new terminal sequencing and spacing tools being developed by NASA for planning and executing efficient arrival operations in the terminal environment of a high-density airport.
- Familiarity with current and planned automated controller support systems for the terminal environment, including STARS/ARTS and en route interface systems (e.g., Host/DSR/ERAM).
- Experience developing new policy, plans, and procedures for air traffic control.
- Experience integrating work efforts involving decision support systems;
- Ability to communicate with various organizations within the FAA
- Experience preparing technical documentation for executive consumption (JRC documentation, status reporting for high visibility programs);
- Experience developing Concept of Operations and final Program Requirements.
- Experience coordinating work performed at an operational FAA facility that involves FAA management, members from the PMO staff, and vendors.
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.