Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Special Operations Certified Athletic Trainer (Fort Carson, CO)
KBR maintains a highly qualified workforce to help care for service people and astronauts. We attract the best minds in the world because our expertise thrives on creativity, resourcefulness and collaboration. That is how we supply our clients with cutting-edge solutions and services.
The Special Operations Certified Athletic Trainer will provide and facilitate injury prevention, basic acute care, effective rehabilitative care, performance enhancement and provide services in support of POTFF’s Human Performance program for SOF personnel, with the priority on SOF Operators and Direct Combat Support personnel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provide HP services within the ATC’s scope of practice as defined by the National Athletic Trainers Association (NATA).
• Design and fabricate protective pads, equipment and braces to help prevent and treat injuries, including the use of taping techniques within the ATC’s scope of practice.
• Provide instruction and guidance within the ATC’s scope of practice.
• Participate in periodic meetings to review the care provided to patients and identifies opportunities for improvement. Should a meeting occur outside of regular working hours, the ATC is responsible for reviewing the information disseminated at the meeting.
• Serve as an advisor to the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in matters related to injury prevention, sports medicine, rehabilitation, and bridging.
• Serve as an advisor to the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator for administrative matters, purchasing of supplies and equipment, and supplemental fiscal requests.
• Collaborate throughout the HP program to enhance the quality of patient care delivered.
• Conduct equipment, product, and literature reviews to ensure HP stays current with the provision of care.
• Participate in quarterly peer (record) reviews for non-privileged healthcare providers.
• Attend and participate in meetings with other POTFF staff members and medical personnel as requested and/or required.
• Assist the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in developing and updating criteria-based job descriptions and performance standards.
• Assist the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator in developing and maintaining clinical practice guidelines to ensure consistency of care across all Human Performance Training Centers (HPTCs).
• Assist with the preparation of short and long-term fiscal plans.
• Submit input to the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
• Develop and promulgate training materials as requested and required by the HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
• Document care provided, work performed, utilization, referrals, and all other information in the Military’s Electronic Health Record (i.e., AHLTA, GENESIS, etc.) and/or the HP Enterprise-wide database (i.e., SPEAR), as directed by HP program Manager and/or Coordinator.
• Bachelor’s degree in Athletic Training.
• NATABOC certified.
• Possess and maintain current certification by the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), or shall obtain the certification within the first year of employment.
• Minimum of 5 years or more of demonstrable accumulated experience (continuous and sustained experience preferred) as an ATC with individual athletes and groups of athletes at the levels of NCAA Division I, Olympic, professional, and/or SOF Operators in the accompanying, respective settings.
• Maintain credentialing requirements in good standing at a local MTF where applicable.
• Fluent oral and written communication skills in English.
• Capable of meeting physical demands of training with SOF including the ability to hike over rough terrain and function in austere environments to observe SOF training evolutions and the ability to assist with strength and conditioning testing and training protocols, and lift and manipulate loads or weights up to 25 kilograms.
Desired Education, Experience, Skills or Training:
• Master's degree in Athletic Training.
• Prior military and/or SOF experience.
• Experience in the field of strength and conditioning.
Standard Company Requirements:
• Position requires U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status.
• Applicant must include desired salary in application submission.
• Must comply with Safety, Health and Environmental plan, policies and procedures.
• Must comply with the Quality Assurance plan, policies and procedures.
• Must maintain regular and acceptable attendance.
• Responsible for completing all required training.
• Perform other assignments and duties, as required.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .