GDIT is seeking a part-time Tier 1 Security Operations Center (SOC) Analyst
with an active SECRET
clearance to work onsite at our client's location at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) in Atlanta, GA. The CSOC is responsible for identifying and responding to computer network security incidents, investigating and correlating indicators of compromise associated with attacks against computers and computer networks, assessing and communicating the severity of security incidents, using network and network security tools.
- Provide Tier 1 support for CDC OCISO
- Conduct Incident Response activities in accordance with the CDC Enterprise-wide Computer Security Incident Response (IR) Plan, CDC Incident Response
- Guide and related policies and procedures
- Monitor their organization’s networks for security breaches and investigate violations when one occurs
- Recommend and/or implement mitigation actions in response.
- Prepare tickets that document security breaches and the extent of the damage caused by the breaches
- Escalate incidents that need Tier 2 support in a timely manner
- Research the latest information technology (IT) security trends
- Recommend security enhancements to management or senior IT staff
This role offers a part-time schedule onsite at the CDC office in Atlanta, GA:
- Tbis will be a 20-24 hour schedule from 8a-4p Friday, Saturday and Sunday
- You will work within a team of 10 to provide support to a 24x7x365 SOC, including Federal Holidays.
- Schedule flexibility occurs within the team including rotating holiday coverage.
Please note: This is onsite in Atlanta. There is no telework available with this role.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Active SECRET clearance REQUIRED
- 2+ years of IT experience
- Bachelors Degree (BS degree can be substituted with 4 additional years of experience)
- Knowledge and skills in one or more, but not limited to, of the following tools: NetWitness, Splunk, Wireshark, FireEye, Crowdstrike
- Security+ certification
- Ability to be flexible with night-shift schedule (as explained above) required
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center environment
- One or more of the following certifications: SSCP, CEH, DHFI, CISSP, CISA, CISM strongly preferred
- SANS certifications
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.