Serves as the senior System administrator responsible for the functionality and efficiency of a group of computers running on one or more operating systems. Tyical duties include:
- Maintain connectivity of classified and unclassified systems; report outages outside to the Fort Huachuca NEC following current policy; provide recommendation(s) to the Government for any failed hardware; and provide corrective action for all outages.
- Perform system configuration changes and administration of systems as required and/or as directed by the Government. The Contractor shall provide change documentation to the Configuration Manager.
- Perform administration of backup solutions to include monthly archiving and off-site storage. Backups are conducted daily of File Servers and SQL databases.
- The Contractor shall perform systems administration of all servers to include but not limited to, the application of the latest security patches and DISA Security Template Installation Guide (STIG) and comply with IAVA directives per the Army Cyber Command (ARCYBER) specified suspense dates set for each IAVA.
- Provide support in technology refresh, including making recommendations to the Government regarding what technology to replace, solutions for replacement technology, removal of older technology from the network and insertion of the new technology.
- Provide support in the maintenance, operation and troubleshooting of approximately 32 network printers, 11 Fax machines, 12 scanners, 8 copiers, and 28 stand-alone printers.
- Provide assistance in the establishment of VTC connections in absence of Government personnel.
- Maintain compliance with applicable DoD security standards for all systems.
- Perform under Government oversight, response to security incidents per AR 25-2, Classified Information Spillage for Information Systems and Best Business Practice checklist.
- Responsible for daily coordination with the customer to determine task requirements, prioritize personnel work efforts and provide updates to management and Government Leads.
- Maintain work schedules and ensure personnel are onsite during customer core coverage hours.
- Engage customer to ensure work and administrative task are completed and to expectations.
Bachelors in Computer Science or the combination of education and experience
Must have a DOD 8570 IT Leve lI Certification or higher.
Top Secret Security Clearance.
Must know how to set up, administrate and maintain VMWare environments with VSphere and ESXI
Closed LAN experience including working with Microsoft Exchange.
Experience with STIGs, SCAP, and ACAS
Experience with Windows Server 2012 and newer
Experience with CommVault
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.