General Dynamics Information Technology delivers cost-effective, next-generation IT solutions and services to the Department of Defense, the intelligence community, and federal civilian agencies as they modernize their information systems.
GDIT is seeking an Application Administrator to provide application support and maintenance of enterprise applications such as web content filtering and COTS applications. This individual must be a forward thinker who can proactively plan, multitask, troubleshoot, and possesses excellent organizational and communication skills. The position is in support of GDIT’s contract with the Administrative Office of United States Courts – Administrative Office Technology Office (AOUSC-AOTO) in Washington DC.
The successful candidate must have prior experience supporting web content filtering and COTS applications such as Varonis, Websense, and Microsoft Windows Certificate server in an enterprise environment. The candidate must have strong analytical skills for troubleshooting complex issues, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment. The position is part of the Engineering and Operations team consisting of engineers, system administrators, and subject matter experts who report to the Engineering Systems Manager. Responsibilities for this position include:
- Provide daily operational support for enterprise applications
- Administer Content Filtering policies and services in accordance with the Administrative Office of U.S. Courts Security Policy.
- Assist in identifying incidents, diagnosing, and resolving application problems.
- Develop and maintain standards and procedures for applications across a complex computing infrastructure.
- Point of contact for application vendors and coordinate vendor support for any problems escalated from support areas.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining comprehensive documentation for multiple environments.
- Monitor application performance to ensure availability and integration with other technical controls, services, and components
- Collaborate with system administrators and engineers to ensure proper integration of applications.
- Participate in capacity planning, performance discussions, and assist in the development and execution of disaster recovery exercises.
- Review problems to understand the root causes of issues and ensure proper fixes are implemented
- Collaborate with the Security team to identify and remediate application vulnerabilities
- Provides phone support to users during the time of peak demand as needed.
- Experience supporting web content filtering and COTS applications in an enterprise environment
- Knowledge of application security settings and other commercial security best practices
- Software and hardware troubleshooting skills to resolve issues
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Windows Server 2012 R2 and/or 2016 operating systems
- Excellent customer support skills (In-person and on the phone).
- Strong communication skills
- Experience automating repeatable processes using PowerShell
- Experience documenting processes and creating work instructions
- Experience working as a part of a large team and working directly with customers.
- Knowledge of Web Services and Services Oriented Architecture is desirable.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and maintaining Windows server products including IIS, Windows Clustering, Network Load Balancer, Certificate, and Proxy server.
- Experience troubleshooting network connectivity issues involving Firewalls, Load Balancers, and Proxy servers.
- Experience with monitoring tools is a plus
- Technical knowledge of and experience with installing, upgrading, configuring and deploying multi-tier applications
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- Knowledge of Remedy ticketing system
- Master’s degree from an accredited higher education institution and a minimum of 11 years of progressive IT experience or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years supporting COTS applications on Windows/Linux servers
- ITIL Foundations Certification a plus
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.