GDIT is seeking candidates to support the US Army Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM). Under the I2TS 3 task order, INSCOM ensures reliable, uninterrupted availability of Command, Control, Communications, Computers, and Information Management (C4IM) including: networks, hardware, software, engineering, and specialized tools at the point of customer need to support INSCOM's mission. INSCOM and its MSCs provide the enabling layer to connect the Army and its tactical formations to defense and national intelligence agencies via tactical networks. The ability to provide mission critical intelligence is dependent on the successful use of its information technology (IT) networks worldwide. As a Virtualization Engineering, you will be a member of a technical team providing server virtualization engineering and administration. You will support the design, development, engineering, integration, and support for virtualized services.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
An I2TS 3 Systems Administrator (VM)will:
- Perform systems administration of desktop and server systems connected to local and wide area networks. Desktop system management responsibilities involving account monitoring, security, Operating System (OS) installation, and other local area system administration related functions
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc. support, administer and maintenance of enterprise data center systems comprised of both physical and virtual servers, storage, backups, monitoring and automation as well as eventually Hybrid Cloud management
- Manage and Administer physical and virtual servers, primarily Windows servers
- Support and management of server virtualization, server provisioning, physical server maintenance, security compliance and daily operations
- Manage VMware vSphere, with emphasis on automation, and enterprise storage and backup system administration, installation and on-going maintenance experience.
- Maintain server lifecycle - provisioning, maintenance, and decommissioning of the hardware
- Maintain the virtualized server environment via configuration, implementation, management and support activities
- Maintain the VMware-based environments
- Monitor the virtual server infrastructure environment’s health status, service performance, and utilization
- Implement and maintain continuous compliance to information security policies and technical standards, report and remediation of non-compliance's
- Maintain the security baseline compliance via configuration, implementation, and remediation activities
- Apply regular security patches and software update
- Troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Integrate new technologies into new and existing systems including the transition and migration of corporate systems
Desirable Skills / Experience:
- Experience working large teams of technical professionals
- Design, implementation and sustainment experience in VMware, VDI and similar environments.
- Demonstrated experience establishing, maintaining, and executing O&M processes and procedures in support of VMware, and similar environments.
- Ability to provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Be able to provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
- High School Diploma/GED with 7 years of related experience, or Associate’s Degree with 5 years of experience, or Bachelor’s Degree with 3 years of experience, or Master’s Degree with 1 years of experience
- DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level II Computing Environment (CE) Certification as determined by the Program Manager is required prior to support on contract
- Required Security Environment Certification: CompTIA Security+ CE or equivalent (or higher)
- Computing Environment certification: MCSA Windows Server 2016 (Must be willing to obtain certification within 6 months of hire date)
- Candidates must be willing and able to attain a CI Polygraph for certain positions as determined by the contract
#DefenseCamp #Belvoirregion #OpportunityOwned #GDITCareers #GDITLife #WeAreGDIT #DPOST #GDITPriority #DefenseCampFtBelvoir #GDITINSCOM #I2TS3
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.