GDIT is looking for a Senior Technical Engineer to provide high quality, enterprise level, and technical support on GDIT Solutions for our customers, partners and other GD/GDIT team members.
Our Sr. Technical Support Engineers possess excellent knowledge of systems, network and application monitoring tools along with the drive to rapidly learn the newest technologies. Impeccable communication skills (written and verbal) focused on sustaining market leading customer loyalty is a key requirement for this position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- The Sr. Technical Engineer provides support for GDIT Solution suite.
- Acts as a escalation point for advanced customer and solution issues
- Assists with all support issues during periods of heavy volume
- Leads support efforts for customers who have been determined to have Critical value
- Coordinates with Program Managers to address any technical issues impacting a Customer’s success
- Acts as a subject matter expert in more than one area of the GDIT solution
- Autonomously works on projects and more complex assignments with tangible results delivering benefits to GDIT and its customers
- Proactively looks for ways to improve processes and innovate GDIT solutions
- Mentors and trains new team members
- Proactively shares information and expertise regarding recent fixes, and best practices
- 5+ years SQL experience. You should be able to construct complex SQL statements to query and occasionally update information in a MariaDB/MySQL database
- 5+ years Linux administration. Must be familiar with common administrative commands as well as able to write scripts in one of the major shells
- 5+ years SNMP experience. Must demonstrate familiarity with snmpwalk, mibs and oids
- 5+ years networking experience. Must demonstrate experience with firewalls, routers and general network fundamentals
- 5+ years virtualization experience. Must demonstrate experience with virtual compute and storage fundamentals
- 5+ years prior experience with any monitoring tool (EM7/SL1 Preferred)
- 5+ years’ experience supporting/using enterprise class infrastructure monitoring platforms
- 5+ years’ experience supporting/using enterprise class configuration and policy management platforms
- 5+ years’ experience supporting/using enterprise class ITSM platform
- 3+ years’ experience supporting/using AI/ML analytics
- Practical experience with PHP and/or Python is a plus
- Ability to function effectively as Lead in escalated cases working directly with customers and coordinating internal effort to address customer issues
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to diagnose and solve complex technical issues
- Ability to professionally perform and communicate in stressful and high impacting situations
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.