Description: This position supports next generation infrastructure with unified communications through a virtualized environment. Responsible for system improvements in reliability, security, efficiency, and performance. Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting, deployments, and maintenance of IT systems, to include building, patching, and maintaining servers.
Some key skills and responsibilities include:
- Experience building/managing servers in the AWS (Amazon Web Services) environment.
- Experience with cloud/server/network/storage implementation and support.
- Experience with VMware implementation and support.
- Maintains up-to-date documentation, and prepares documentation for infrastructure changes.
- Solid Linux (CentOS, RedHat, and Oracle Linux).
- The servers are a combination of physical servers and virtual machines in several different environments:
- Physical servers – located on multiple networks in various server rooms
- EDC (Enterprise Data Center) - The EDC still consists of both VMs on VMware infrastructure and Solaris systems.
- MASH (MachineShop) – build/support VMs (not the hardware or infrastructure in this environment).
- DHE (Database Hosting Environment) – physical servers, RHEV (RedHat Virtual Environment) and VMware.
- MUC VMware – build/support VMs (not the hardware or infrastructure for this environment).
- Standard services – Active Directory/Centrify, McAfee (Nails/ePO/CMA), etc.
- PUPPET (to manage system configuration).
- Monitor systems using XYMON. Assists with design implementation, and maintenance of monitoring systems (physical & virtual).
Customer Minimal Education/Experience Requirements: High School/GED + 9 years OR Associates + 7 years OR Bachelors + 5 years OR Masters + 3 years OR Doctorate + 1 year.
To qualify, candidate must also meet these basic qualifications:
- Must be open to the possibility of travel (CONUS & OCONUS), anticipate less than 5%.
- Must be available for on-call support.
- Must currently have and be able to maintain a TS/SCI Clearance with Poly
- One of the following DoD approved certifications is required to meet the category/level IAT-2 (DoD 8570) requirement for this position: Security+ CE, GSEC, SSCP, CCNA-Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), CASP+ CE, GCIH, GCED, CCNP Security, CySA+, or GICSP.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.