Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
IMOC II Training and Program Integration Technical Area Lead (TAL) (Supporting NASA at Johnson Space Center)
The Technical Area Lead (TAL) serves as the Integrated Mission Operations Contract II (IMOC II) first level manager assigned to the Johnson Space Center’s (JSC) Flight Operations Directorate (FOD) management team supporting the CK2 Training and CK3 Program Integration Branches. This position is responsible for ensuring CK technical services that are tasked on IMOC II support training, operations, integration and development for International Space Station (ISS), Commercial Crew Program (CCP), Boeing CST-100, and Exploration’s Artemis mission including the Gateway and Human Lander Systems (HLS) Programs. Additional work through Private Astronaut and related services will also be supported. Additionally, the TAL performs day-to-day supervisory duties and oversees personnel activities. The TAL will dedicate the majority of his/her time attending to customer relations and employee oversight with the balance of their workload going to support technical assignments.
• Lead, manage, and supervise the technical teams supporting CK2 and CK3
• Develop and maintain successful professional relationships with customers, stakeholders, peers, and direct reports
• Manage budget, staffing, and personnel performance to ensure all task order requirements are successfully met
• Report contract budget and employee performance status to CK2 and CK3 management on a regular basis
• Implement process improvements that benefit the customer
• Assist in technical assignments as designated by the NASA management team
• General understanding of the FOD overall mission and associated Plan/Train/Fly concepts
• Proven experience as a capable contributor to Flight Operations technical tasks and the ability to support assignments associated with IMOC II task orders
• Strong interpersonal and customer relations skills
• Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to effectively communicate with peers and direct reports in a very dynamic, fast-paced organization
• Ability to tactfully handle personnel issues
• Experience recruiting and interviewing
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain multiple assignments concurrently
• Experience working with the Flight Operations Directorate (FOD) management team with knowledge of Exploration, Commercial Crew, Gateway, and ISS operations is preferred.
Requires Bachelor's degree and 5+ years related experience.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .