Principal Process Safety Engineer
- Independently carry out Design Safety Philosophy, HSE Plan and specifications for fire protection systems (active & passive), HFE, etc.
- Participate in Process Hazard reviews and analysis including HAZOP/HAZID/SIL studies and responsible for Actions close-out
- Lead/Chair the HAZOP/HAZID/SIL workshops, if required
- Responsible for review Third Party safety Studies including FERA, Dispersion analysis, EERA, ESSA, Dropped objects study, QRA studies. Etc. (not limited too). Also capable to carryout independently similar safety studies, as required.
- Carry out independent design of Active and Passive Fire Protection systems and Prepare Hazardous/H2S Area Classification documentation, Safety & Fire Fighting layouts, Escape route & Life saving equipment layout and other Safety drawings
- Carry out Safety Critical elements performance standards, RAM, fire & gas detection mapping.etc based on project requirements
- Act as Package Engineer for Safety & Fire Fighting Equipment
- Manage & guide Junior/Sr. Engineers and Designers on Concept / FEED / Detailed Engineering projects
- Provide health & environmental inputs (inputs include health risk assessments such as chemical exposure, noise & lighting, ergonomics / Human factors engineering, environmental impact assessments, etc.) to projects
- Interface/Co-ordinate with other engineering disciplines, client and take lead in resolving technical matters related to safety aspects
- Able to deliver project safety deliverables as per project schedule
- Provide inputs & support to projects in all safety aspects include progress reports
- Bachelor Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university
- Have 14-18 years of HSE Engineering experience in the Oil & Gas industry, in process safety/technical safety and worked minimum 3-5 years as a Lead position in similar projects
- Involved in design projects for Offshore (FPSO/Platforms) and Onshore (Refineries, LNG facilities, Storage terminal etc).
- Should have worked in minimum number of offshore projects (FPSO/Platforms)
- Possess good knowledge of Oil & Gas process facilities, local and international Process safety codes & standards and regulatory/marine codes & standards (MODU,SOLAS, DNV/Lloyds Register)
- Should have hand on experience in Plot plan review, HAZID, HAZOP, SIL classification/verification and other safety reviews (e.g. SIMOPS, ALARP)
- Good working knowledge in PIPENET Vision, Flaresim and other consequence modelling software such as DNV PHAST etc. is needed
- Ability to influence designs to achieve optimal HSE outcomes
- Person shall be a team player with leadership potential and shall have pro-active inter-discipline communication
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .