SAIC has an opening for a Software Chief Engineer to
lead the sustainment of the legacy software engineering team and directly
support the SOA transformation development of the new software system
development, improvement, and expansion. This is a key role for this customer
and a leadership position within SAIC with career growth opportunities.
Candidate will be responsible to orchestration of both legacy and
transformation technical and process architecture to ensure a common,
standardized view of operations. This includes providing architectural support
for transformation and insertion of the middleware technology
SAIC has a requirement for an individual capable of providing technical leadership for:
- Daily interactions with Government and team in support of ongoing sustainment and transformation activities for their flagship system
- Understanding and providing oversight of the software development lifecycle using agile processes, tools and techniques
- Leading the transformation of the legacy system using an open- source middleware tool to handle business interactions and processes
- An ability to lead development of a common user experience (SnapUI) built on a custom platform requiring expertise in AngularJS, Foundation, and Sass
- Migration of the capital system to the AWS cloud while ensuring outstanding customer support and availability to users
- Ensure timely and accurate system documentation using VersionOne and Serena Business Manager
- Complete translation of agile processes to DevOps to support full cloud migration.
- Bachelor’s degree and fourteen (14) years or more software development experience. Professional experience should demonstrate progressively responsible experience in software development, software engineering, agile development and/or DevOps.
- Must also have recent experience leading software development teams with five or more members.
- Secret; U.S. citizenship required