Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems
- Create quality analytical products to include visualizations, briefs, workflows, diagrams and reports.
- Identify areas of gaps and inefficiencies, provide specific inputs and recommendations, and work hand in hand with the government client to obtain support and authorization for delivering solutions
- Identify and document requirements changes and assess their impacts on the program baseline requirements
- Lead the development and enhancement of lifecycle artifacts required to be developed during the SE lifecycle (example artifacts include ROMs, project plans, projects schedules, requirements plan such as SRDs, detailed design documents, CONOPs, test plans, SEMPs, transition activity plans, etc.)
- Lead the identification, baselining, and management of all project change requirements for all Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) and Change Requests (CRQs)
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military
- Master's Degree preferred.
- 5-8 years of related systems engineering experience
- 5-8 years of experience to include managing and collaborating with a broad range of organizations and groups/teams needed to accomplish the system engineering tasks
- Proven experience in successfully serving as a Project/Capability lead with the responsibility of managing the lifecycle integration of a capability and its associated components into an existing architecture
- Demonstrated experience in the area of Requirements Management- activities include user engagement to perform requirement elicitation and derivation, generation of formal requirement documents, and verification activities to close-out project requirements
- Comprehensive work experience as a Project Manager or Project Integrator with demonstrated IT history with initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing activities. Track, report, and provide alternatives resulting from changes with cost, time and scope of a project.
- Verified experience managing project schedules with Microsoft Project
- Experience in SE related areas such Configuration Management, Change Management, Risk Management, Quality Assurance, and Process Management
- Experience with DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF) 2.0 with the ability to work across managed infrastructure services to create required architecture views.
- Experience in supporting Strategic Planning activities
- Experience creating visualizations and analytics utilizing Tableau
- Experience creating diagrams and workflows with Microsoft Visio
" We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.