SAIC is seeking Engineering Interns to join our team of qualified, diverse, and highly motivated individuals. This position is in support of NASA Safety and Mission Assurance Engineering Contract (SMAEC II) at the Johnson Space Center in Houston. The qualified candidate will provide engineering and technical support, including extensive research, to safety and reliability assessments for NASA Programs/Project including the International Space Station, Gateway, Commercial Crew, Orion, and/or Exploration Extra-vehicular Mobility Unit Space Suit.
Our Engineering Interns will join the SMAEC II team that specializes in providing safety assessments that assure the safety of NASA’s human program activities.
Education and Experience:
• Actively pursuing Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other technical majors. Junior status or above preferred
• GPA of 3.0 or above
• Must be able to pass a U.S. government background investigation
• Must have an interest in systems engineering
• Strong analytical background and problem solving mind set
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities and the ability to contribute to a team atmosphere
• Self-starter and results focused
• Superior communication skills, both oral and written
• Proficiency with various technology applications
Spacecraft vehicle and system knowledge is desired.
NASA Safety and Mission Assurance experience is desirable.