SAIC is seeking an Air Traffic Control (ATC) Specialist(s) with En Route or Terminal experience to support Mission Support Services, Air Traffic Control Procedures for AJV-P and AJV-I with technical subject matter expertise and analytical support for the preparation, review and coordination of plans, change documents, safety documents, etc. related to OS functional responsibilities.
The successful candidate will work with program personnel, providing ATC expertise in the following activities:
Developing drafts of operational concepts, mission need statements, white papers, decision memos, and requirements documents to support the development and implementation of new/revised systems/equipment/software to be used by En route /Oceanic/Terminal operation controllers.
Support for operational testing and evaluation (OT&E) , Independent Operational Assessment (IOA), workgroups and other activities related to the implementation of en route, terminal, and oceanic systems, procedures, training, airspace projects, etc.
Provide subject matter expertise, and support for procedures development, training, and other OS functional responsibilities.
Support the technical review and analysis of proposed NAS changes, safety analyses and documents, procedural changes, waivers, airspace proposals, requirements documents, plans, and other technical documents.
Bachelor of Science/ Arts degree
or higher with 10 years of Air
Traffic Control (ATC) active, full
performance level experience,
or an Associate of Arts/
Science with 15 years of Air Traffic
Control (ATC) active, full performance
level experience, or 20
years of Air Traffic Control (ATC)
active, full performance
level experience is required.
- Extensive knowledge of air traffic operations, and procedures, in the en route and terminal domains;
- Experience developing new policy, plans, and procedures for air traffic control.
- Experience integrating work efforts involving decision support systems;
- Ability to communicate with various organizations within the FAA
- Experience preparing technical documentation for executive consumption (JRC documentation, status reporting for high visibility programs);
- Experience developing Concept of Operations and final Program Requirements.
- Experience coordinating work performed at an operational FAA facility that involves FAA management, members from the PMO staff, and vendors.
Must be able to obtain Public Trust clearance.