Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Business Analyst (Supporting NASA at Johnson Space Center)
Position Description (PURPOSE/FUNCTION):
The Business Analyst will provide support for the purchase/development, testing and implementation of information systems, interfaces, web sites and/or SharePoint sites for various users, including the JSC clinics, Space Medicine staff, and mission medical support teams. The general purpose of these systems is to support the accumulation, storage, display, analysis and exchange of human subject health and research related data between various groups. The Business Analyst will be responsible for gathering Business requirements, handling market surveys for COTS software, assisting in Integration and Acceptance Testing, supporting the development of training and implementation material, participating in the implementation, and providing post-implementation support. This position requires someone who will aggressively extract requirements from stakeholders while developing and maintaining productive working relationships both during and after project completion.
This position will support the Human Health Performance Contract and will be located at NASA Johnson Space Center, 2101 E NASA Pkwy, Houston, TX 77058.
• Know, and adhere to, KBR policies, procedures and work rules, and demonstrate a strong work ethic.
• Maintain confidentiality of all medical and personal information to which access has been granted.
• Prepare needs assessments
• Gather and document functional requirements from user representatives.
• Develop workflow, data flow, and business process diagrams. Use these diagrams to communicate effectively with customers and developers.
• Exercise analytical and problem-solving skills, in defining requirements for effective solutions to customer needs.
• Communicate and negotiate effectively with customers and technical staff, and in balancing demands with practical capabilities.
• Prepare and deliver high-quality presentations as needed
• Work closely with customers and other Information Architecture staff to define requirements for IT systems
• Coordinate and participate in definition and planning meetings to support the functional needs of various projects
• Assist in appropriate testing of all purchased or developed applications and interfaces
• Assist with the proper coordination and conduct of user acceptance testing of all developed applications.
• Participate in all areas of projects to define, design, develop, test, implement, train and support IT solutions for Information Architecture customers
• Assist in the development and delivery of user and/or technical support staff training on developed applications.
• Support the adoption, implementation and constant continual improvement of accepted processes for software development, code migration and configuration control.
• Assist in the evaluation, selection and implementation of commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) products related to all of the above.
• Provide weekly status reports of work activities to the Application Development Team Lead(s).
• Create documentation to support all of the above, as well as additional items as necessary.
• Develop, execute, and adhere to project plans and project schedules for all work as approved by the Application Development Team Lead(s),
• Balance academic software lifecycle principles with practical constraints to meet project deadlines.
• Establish, promote and maintain a service-oriented, customer-service focused culture that supports new custom development, COTS and sustaining activities.
• Ensure that deliverables meet KBR and NASA quality standards.
• Other duties as assigned. Responsibilities occasionally require work on weekends and/or evenings, sometimes with little to no advance notice.
The position requires a Bachelor's degree with 15 years work experience in the information technology field, or equivalent related work experience, with a minimum of 5 years of recent experience as a business analyst. A proven ability to coordinate with team members, project staff, customers, users, and other stakeholders is required. The ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with personnel at all levels, both one on one and in groups, is essential. Candidates must be self starters who have a proven ability to work independently.
• Experience with modeling and diagramming concepts & tools.
• Configuration Management experience.
• Project Management experience.
• Superior customer-service skills
• Excellent communications skills
• Great attention to detail
• Excellent documentation skills
• Ability to think strategically - see the 'big picture' and work towards larger goals
• Critical thinking and conceptual modeling skills
• Business Analyst certification
• Experience with the following technologies is desirable: Microsoft Visio, ModernRequirements4TFS, Team Foundation Server
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .