Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Reliability Engineer (Supporting NASA at Johnson Space Center)
The Human Health & Performance Contract (HHPC) has an opportunity for an experienced Reliability Engineer to support the development of NASA’s Exploration Extravehicular Mobility Unit (xEMU). The Reliability Engineer will work with the subsystem team, the supportability / logistics engineering team, and the NASA customer. As a part of the Reliability and Maintainability team, this candidate will help to improve operational readiness, reduce hardware downtime, reduce lifecycle cost, and provide essential data back to the program. Applicants will represent the company and / or customer in outside discussions and technical forums, and will work under general administrative and technical supervision. Incumbent will perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Uses all available sources of data to predict component failure rates.
• Creates quantitative models of subsystem and system reliability.
• Works with test engineers to develop test plans to validate models.
• Develops computer models and uses the results to analyze, predict, adjust, and verify design parameters.
• Support failure reporting and corrective action and other root-cause corrective action activity.
• Allocates top level requirements to subsystem specifications.
• Develops Quantitative Reliability predictions and tracks performance.
• Works with Maintainability team to develop the Reliability and Maintainability Plan.
• Works with Subsystem Team to define, document and track diagnostic capability.
• Conduct Reliability trades.
• Develop Failure Modes Effect and Criticality Analysis.
• Determines Reliability Critical Items.
• Assists in determining reliability centered maintenance items.
• Perform Quantitative System Availability Analysis.
• Participates in all Milestone Reviews.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's Degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering plus minimum 5 years experience in quantitative Reliability, Maintainability, or Maintenance fields
• Strong experience in Statistics and Probability
• Experience in gathering, analyzing and presenting data from a variety of sources
• Experience assessing Reliability, Availability, Maintainability performance of equipment
• Understanding of Software Reliability
• Reliability Testing
• Reliability Growth
• Read schematics, drawings and CAD renderings
• Physics of Failure
SKILLS / TRAINING
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Software – Windchill Quality Solutions, Relex, or ASENT
• Proactive and effective in addressing maintainability issues
• Working knowledge across multiple engineering disciplines
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .