SAIC is seeking a Flight Operations Mission Management Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the NASA OMES II contract in support of the Joint Polar Satellite
System (JPSS) program at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center. The position is
located in Greenbelt, MD.
The Joint Polar Satellite System (JPSS) is the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration’s (NOAA) next-generation operational Earth observation program that acquires and distributes global environmental data primarily from multiple polar-orbiting satellites. The program plays a critical role to NOAA’s mission to understand and predict changes in weather, climate, oceans and coasts, and the space environment, which support the Nation’s economy and protect lives and property.
This is a senior system engineering position working with the Mission Operations Support team (MOST) on JPSS. Primary responsibilities include the following:
· - Become the Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the Common Ground System (CGS) Mission Management (MM) subsystem to support the JPSS Mission Operations Support Team (MOST).
· - MOST readiness activities to include; Joint Compatibility Tests (JCTs), Mission Rehearsals (MRs), Day In The Life (DITL) and daily operations testing.
₋ Readiness activities require working 12-hour shifts to include nights, weekends and holidays for up to 7-days.
· - Support the MOST in Launch and Early Orbit (LEO) activities.
₋ This includes from launch to handover to NOAA, which is 90-days.
₋ Launch and Early Orbit activities require working 12-hour shifts to include nights, weekends and holidays for the duration of the 90-day period.
· - Provide support in the build installation and testing of post deployment checkout.
· - Manage MOST Discrepancy Reporting for MM Subsystem
· - Responsible for scheduling tasks and events used to allocate C3S resources.
· - Distribute Mission Schedule and learn to receive and process mission task requests.
· - Provide daily logs on status of the subsystem. Assist in anomaly resolution for the subsystem.
· - Interface with other CGS Subsystem SME’s as well as Spacecraft and Instrument SME’s for product development and testing
· - Support other duties as assigned.
QualificationsREQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: