SAIC is seeking an exceptional Facility Manager to support the Air Force's next generation Intercontinental Ballistic Missile (ICBM) weapon system acquisition. Our customer is the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) Program Office located at Hill Air Force Base, north of Salt Lake City, Utah. This will be a long-term project with the weapon system anticipated to remain operational until 2075. This is a massive development effort with many opportunities. We are seeking a facility / construction manager with a willingness to lead and contribute in a fast-paced environment.
This is a great opportunity to work on some of the most exciting and challenging development and acquisition efforts in the DoD with a great company. This position requires the ability to work efficiently under minimal supervision, exercising initiative and independent judgment in leading the performance of assigned tasks.
- Primary duties include the planning, programming, and budgeting of Military Construction (MILCON) and infrastructure projects for GBSD. The Construction Manager further provides inspections, field support, consulting, and project management support.
- Construction managers provide construction, survey and design, and engineering expertise across a broad spectrum of construction operations in a variety of units. They coordinate and plan the development and support of military construction programs and maintain technical liaison with AFNWC and AFGSC on facilities logistic problems.
- Review reports for variances and serves as a point of contact for clients
- Handles multiple projects simultaneously
- Travels as needed
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support the USAF interfacing with AFGSC, AFCEC, Army Corp of engineers, and affected installation CEs etc.
- Monitors/oversees construction projects for new construction, renovations, and improvements to real property facilities from start to finish including performance of preconstruction site surveys all the way to completion of as-built drawings.
- Prepares/reviews of designs for a variety of real property facilities construction projects, determining design criteria, putting together cost estimates and time schedules, preparing architect and engineer (A&E) statements of work, etc. specializing in mechanical infrastructure.
- Plans, programs and budgets for Air Force MILCON and infrastructure. Prepares DD1391 packages including specifications, cost estimates, site planning documents, and supporting technical documentation.
- Develops and/or reviews specifications and schedules for assigned portions of the project. Inspects and/or oversees inspection of construction for compliance and recommends resolution of differences with contractors.
- Ensures federal, state, and local codes concerning health, safety, and the environment are strictly adhered to in the programming, design, and construction of real property facilities.
- Uses Facility Engineering computer software such as Computer Aided Design and Drafting (CADD) programs and PACES to ensure project design submittals and proposals meet programmed project design parameters.
- Manage Performance of Project Managers to ensure timeliness, accuracy, productivity, and profitability of reconstruction jobs
- Bachelors and fifteen (15) years or more of related experience; Masters and thirteen (13) years or more of related experience (construction management, engineering or related technical field)
- 10 + years executing construction projects
- Construction management with DOD experience required
- MILCON experience, Planning, Programming, Executing required
- Active secret clearance
- Able to handle a wide variety of obligations
- Comfortable working with technology and strong analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understand the different AF appropriations and how to implement them effectively (RDT&E 3600, O&M 3400, MILCON 3300)
- Experience planning/master planning real property projects >$50M
- Manage construction budgets <$100M
- Experience collaborating with City/State/federal agencies
- Familiar with MILCON process from the user to AFCEC to implementing OSD guidance, to congressional approval
- Leadership experience with large, diverse groups including A&Es, installation civil engineering groups
- Project Management – design and execution of construction projects
- Understanding environmental impacts to projects
- Program Management exceeding $400M
- Ability to brief 1-star of issues, risks, mitigations, and expectations
- Communicates clearly and concisely in speech and writing. Demonstrates understanding of and sensitivity to unspoken meaning and nonverbal cues.
- Facilitates communication across the organization and effectively interfaces with customer, contractor, and site personnel on a daily basis.
- Requires good interpersonal skills in dealing with others (colleagues and clients) to ensure that customer requests and needs are met. Must acknowledge and clarify customer inquiries, requests, or complaints to ensure that needs are identified, documented and addressed.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret industry-specific documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues. Ability to write reports, manuals, speeches and articles using distinctive style. Ability to motivate and negotiate effectively with key employees, top management, and client groups to take action.
- Developing and implementing master plans.
- Takes an active leadership role in the preconstruction phase, to influence the design process toward a buildable and affordable design solution.
- Works proactively with the Design Build contractor to identify construction interfaces, risks and the mitigation of threat during construction to the project.
- Applies a comprehensive knowledge of various disciplines to be used during construction, as well as the methods and techniques to be utilized for installation.
- Directs the overall planning of construction activities to identify critical milestones and priorities.
- Must demonstrate examples of engaging in a highly collaborative manner with members of the IPT and construction teams.