GDIT is looking for a Systems Engineer to be responsible for supporting the management and maintenance of all Enterprise Management Tools for as part of a DHS contract.
These tools include management and administration of all Microsoft System Center tools including SCCM, SCOM and SCSM products.
Tools also include network management tools such as Solarwinds Enterprise Suite, Netcool, and syslog-NG.
This position will also be responsible for understanding IT Infrastructure and application in general to better manage the client's IT Enterprise.
Contract requires US Citizenship and must be able to obtain a public trust.
As the selected Systems Engineer candidate, you will be responsible for the following (not limited to):
- Will be responsible for the Server administration of all Servers running the Enterprise Tool Applications
- Will be responsible for monitoring Enterprise Tools systems and troubleshooting problems identified
- Responsible for escalating issues to senior team members as needed
- Main support will be on the Microsoft System Center Configuration Management Toolset (SCCM).
- Main support will also include administering of Solarinds including upgrades and fulfilling network management requests.
- Team will be responsible for deploying applications to workstations or servers.
- Team will be responsible for reporting on application, patch, and compliance success
- Team will be responsible for troubleshooting SCCM tool issues
- Will support all Enterprise Engineers for all things the Enterprise Management toolsets
- Update and create Documentation.
- Support the organization’s change and configuration management policy, practice and methodology.
- BA or equivalent plus 3+ years relevant experience
- Ability to gain an agency specific clearance
- Experience using Microsoft System Center tools such as SCCM, SCOM, and SCSM.
- Experience administering applications on a Unix platform specifically Linux Redhat.
- 3+ years working with Desktop and/or Server incident troubleshooting
- Understanding of Desktop architecture
- Understanding of MS application deployment methods
- Understanding of ITSM and ITIL Framework is a plus
- Experience deploying Enterprise Tools is a plus
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.