The Centers of Excellence for Virtual Care Adoption Specialist is an enthusiastic and proactive position who works closely with and under the direct guidance of the Centers of Excellent Clinical Coach and Facility Lead. Incumbent assists with the spread and adoption of virtual care tools and technology, supporting a suite of mobile applications and technologies which are both clinician and Veteran facing. Technologies include but are not limited to VA and Veteran mobile devices, iOS and Android apps, web-based services, and both cellular and broadband connectivity. Adoption includes education and support for Veterans and clinicians across the health care system.
The COE for Virtual Care Adoption Specialist's primary duties include working with Veterans and clinical staff to promote and expand mobile and web-based Connected Health care modalities. Incumbent must develop and implement an ongoing educational program for Connected Health care modalities and must be able to track and analyze utilization of these modalities. Incumbent will support effective use of technologies and applications by Veterans and provide feedback and advice to the COE Clinical Coach and facility lead. Incumbent cultivates communities of practice by assisting with end user needs and facilitating resolution to identified barriers. The Centers of Excellence Adoption Specialist operates as a facility level position that works closely with Veteran and clinical staff to incorporate new and existing virtual care and mobile health programs into existing systems. As an adoption specialist incumbent provides education, training and outreach to all facility staff and Veterans within the main medical center and Community Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOC).
Connected Health Modalities may include:
- Secure Messaging
- Veteran Care Portal (My HealtheVet)
- VA Anywhere to Anywhere real-time video communication
- Text messaging protocols for patient self-management of health (Annie)
- Veteran online appointment scheduling tools on web, iOS and Android
- New patient health monitoring technologies
- VA Connected Devices (Bluetooth enabled glucometers and continuous glucose monitors, Fitbits, Apple Watches, Garmin's)
- Other tools and technologies yet to be deployed
The Incumbent will be an expert resource for clinical staff and will provide consistent and updated training to Veterans, Veteran caregivers and supporters, and clinical users. Incumbent will be responsible for:
- Enrolling Veterans in Connected Health programs including authentication and credential management.
- Identifying Veteran accessibility needs and best approach to manage them with available devices.
- Executing marketing and communication plans for target audiences.
- Collecting and analyzing data on the impact of interventions on clinical and business workflows and processes.
- Collecting and analyzing data on Health Resource Center usage.
- Coordinating work with Telehealth Technicians, Health Information Specialists, Educators, Public Affairs, and other stakeholders.
- Traveling to clinical sites throughout their VHA health care systems as needed.
- Representing the facility at forums, conferences and meetings.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Systems thinker with strong organization skills.
- Familiarity with using a range of technology (computers, tablets, phones), operating systems (Windows, iOS, Android), health-related websites and applications.
- Ability to adapt teaching strategies to accommodate Veteran and Veteran caregivers.
- Ability to train or guide novice users to navigate systems or technology.
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary group
- Ability to utilize numerous and creative methods for explaining and collaborating with health care professionals to improve and enhance virtual care/mobile health adoption.
- Experience with implementing and evaluating educational goals and objectives.
- Possesses effective communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to develop collaborative relationships.
- Ability to establish positive and sustaining relationships with all members of the medical center, in order to achieve positive outcomes.
- Ability to manage planned and unplanned changes in a reflective manner, creating an atmosphere of confidence and competence.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to identify existing and potential opportunities for improvement and suggest possible alternatives
ability to use judgmental decision making in supporting Veterans and Veteran caregivers in order to provide the best Veteran's patient experience
- Ability to convey
- Bachelors with 2-4 years of relevant experience or High School Diploma with 8-10 years
Specialized Experience Desired (*not required):
- VA experience preferred.
- Prior experience training/teaching preferred.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment preferred
Iron Bow Technologies is a leading IT solution provider dedicated to successfully transforming technology investments into business capabilities for government, commercial and healthcare clients. Our depth of technical expertise, global reach and strategic partnerships with industry leaders as well as disruptive technology partners uniquely positions Iron Bow to target the right solution to ensure your successful business outcome. We partner with our clients from planning and implementation through ongoing maintenance and management to deliver solutions that are strong, flexible and on target.
Iron Bow Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.