Iron Bow Technologies is pleased to provide the following opportunity to be part of the Navy's premier Live Virtual Constructive (LVC) program. LVC is how we will win future battles through the use of an immersive approach to training realism. In today's environment, where the complexity of Navy platforms (planes, ships, and submarines) continues to grow exponentially, Iron Bow is offering an opportunity to be part of tomorrow's warfighting team today! Though the focus for this opportunity is in San Diego, this critical work supports the Navy's Training Ranges which span the globe and will support the warfighter in every conceivable area of operations.
The Network Engineer III provides Network engineering and architecture support to a dedicated enterprise Navy training network. Responsible for project leadership, design, development, documentation, testing, and implementation of networking technologies, capabilities, and solutions that are integrated into a globally distributed enterprise network.
- Install, maintain and evaluate network systems and communications
- Troubleshoot the complex network issues involving various factors
- Conduct network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies
- BA/ BS + 4 -7 years' network administration experience, experience can be substituted for education
- Extensive knowledge of Internet, computer, routers, switches, firewall, etc.
- Expert knowledge of LAN and WAN networking design, equipment, and transport topologies including GRE, Fiber Optics, VLANs, Ether channel, and IPv4 subneting
- In-depth knowledge of Cisco Internetworking with a heavy emphasis on switching (VTP, VLANs, 802.1q, IGMP, etc..) and routing (OSPF, EIGRP, BGP, VRF, PIM, multicast, MPLS, etc.) and Cisco IOS
- In-depth knowledge of IP networking fundamentals including OSI model, frame and packet structure
- 8570 IAT II certification required at hire (Security+CE, SCCP, CCNA Security, CySA+ or equivalent)
- Active Secret clearance
- This position may require occasional travel
Iron Bow Technologies is a leading IT solution provider dedicated to successfully transforming technology investments into business capabilities for government, commercial and healthcare clients. Our depth of technical expertise, global reach and strategic partnerships with industry leaders as well as disruptive technology partners uniquely positions Iron Bow to target the right solution to ensure your successful business outcome. We partner with our clients from planning and implementation through ongoing maintenance and management to deliver solutions that are strong, flexible and on target.
Iron Bow Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.