SAIC has an opening for a Technical Project Manager to support the AMRDEC Systems Simulation, Software & Integration (S3I) located on Redstone Arsenal/Huntsville, Alabama in support of multiple systems in the Precision Fires and Battlefield Systems domains.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for leading teams of highly skilled engineers through the product lifecycle in developing embedded software for tactical military systems for the Precision Fires Multiple Launch Rocket System (MLRS) Program at S3I. The Technical Project Manager will be responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with organizational process. A successful candidate must have a strong blend of project management skills and hands on practical technical experience.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical discipline and 18+ years’ experience in engineering related field [4 years experience accepted in lieu of degree].
- Background with a strong blend of project management skills, PMP and/or hands on practical technical experience accepted in lieu of experience.
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Security Clearance.
- Ability to lead cross functional teams to include Software Engineering, System Engineering, Test Engineering, Configuration Management and Quality Control.
- Ability to provide scope and technical direction to the functional engineering teams.
- Ability to perform constructive reviews of technical deliverables.
- Experience with process models such as CMMI.
- Experience leading or developing projects within the DoD product lifecycle model.
- Experience with the project initiation, planning, execution and monitor and control process groups.
- Effectively able to organize and track and report on project deliverables.
- Proficient in designing Integrated Master Schedules.
- Experience identifying critical path tasks.
- Experience preparing reports and other documentation on the status of projects.
- Effectively communicate project status to Program Management.
- Experience in analyzing and dispositioning product defects.
- Ability to employ risk management techniques to identify and control risks.
- Experience providing detailed task estimates and basis of estimates.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) Experience with Real-time embedded systems.
- Experience developing in C++ and with object oriented design concepts.
- Experience with the CMMI process model.
- Experience working in an agile/scrum environment.
- Experience in Software Systems Safety.