SAIC has an opening for a Business Development Director located in Annapolis Junction, MD.
The successful candidate for this position will lead business development strategy, customer engagement and opportunity identification and qualification for the National Security Agency (NSA) working collaboratively with the National Security Group (NSG) Executive Team, Business Developers and Capture Managers. The position reports directly to the Vice President of Business Development for SAIC's National Intelligence Community (NIC) Operation within the NSG.
The successful candidate will:
• Apply a strong understanding of NSA, to include leadership, organizational behavior, buying practices, major programs and industry positions, to develop and manage a dynamic, multi-year pipeline of opportunities.
• Lead strategic planning and positioning for NSA, with emphasis on winning business by delivering differentiated capabilities from SAIC's extensive solutions portfolio.
• Apply SAIC procedures and best practices to personally identify and qualify opportunities and thereby meet goals for pipeline sufficiency and quality.
• Support post-qualification capture and proposal development for approved opportunities, particularly in the areas of customer engagement; teaming; and coordination with internal business development and sales resources.
• 3+ years of experience in performing strategy development and identification and qualification for complex, prime integration services or systems engineering opportunities with values over $50M+, with 10+ total years of experience in the federal services marketplace.
• Current knowledge of NSA, including existing customer and industry peer relationships. Recent, successful BD experience at NSA is a major plus.
• Outstanding verbal, writing, and inter-personal skills needed to communicate effectively and persuasively with personnel at all levels, both in customer spaces and within SAIC.
• Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and NSA contracting, acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors.
• US Citizenship required.
• Must have TS/SCI with Poly to be considered.
• Bachelor's with 18 years or more of related experience, additional 4 years of experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree; Masters and 16 years or more of related experience.