Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is seeking Top Talent as a Manufacturing Engineer Lead for our Air Force and Space Program.
The Manufacturing Engineer Lead provides system engineering support to the Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) at Los Angeles Air Force Base. The candidate will support the certification of New Entrant Launch Service Providers.
Clearance: Active Secret clearance
Locations: El Segundo, CA, Hunstville, AL, or, Cocoa Beach, FL
The Manufacturing Engineer Lead will:
- Work with launch vehicle provider to schedule and track audits to be performed during rocket certification activities
- Develop products such data tables, audit checklists, presentations, and reports status to the customer.
- Compile and present weekly status charts of team to AF leadership.
- Complete perform audits and audit checklists in preparation for Engineering Review Boards and design reviews
- Interface with customer, design engineers, project manager, and production personnel.
- Participate in Engineering Review Boards and apply knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials.
- Examine product design and its implementation to manufacturing processes assessing/evaluating the manufacturing baseline for qualification, capability, process control and maturity.
- Assess documentation for proper configuration management and change control.
- Assess/ evaluate conformance to standards, specifications, drawings, procedures, work instructions, other contractual requirements and the trace-ability to the functional and physical characteristics of configuration items.
- Generate audit checklists and conduct production floor audits to verify documented processes are being followed.
- Review process changes to determine impact to process stability.
- Assess facilities manufacturing capacity, production readiness, vendor/supplier control requirements.
- Other Duties as Assigned
- 12 years of experience launch vehicle/space sub-system and process engineering expertise with a strong background in launch vehicle solid rocket motor propulsion systems and components preferred
- BS degree in Engineering, Math, or Physical Sciences; will consider less experience in lieu of advanced degrees (10 years with MS)
- Relevant work experience in the military or industry will be considered in lieu of degree requirements
- Experience involving manufacture of complex products; application of manufacturing principles and methods including: product design, process design, producibility, process qualifications/validation, product design requirements flow down to manufacturing process requirements/documentation, product and process controls, measurement and test, product/process audits, statistical applications, configuration management, and lean manufacturing.
- Experience interfacing with computer-based database and schedule tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 15% time
- A strong background in launch vehicle concepts is highly desired.
- Experience within with Air Force leadership in a Program Office environment.
- Experience working with the Space and Missile Center (SMC)
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.