Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Special Operations Clinical Psychologist (Kadena AB, Japan)
RELOCATION IS AVAILABLE
THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR THE INTERNAL RECRUITING INCENTIVE; SEE THE HOT JOBS NOTIFICATION FOR MORE DETAILS.
KBR maintains a highly qualified workforce to help care for service people and astronauts. We attract the best minds in the world because our expertise thrives on creativity, resourcefulness and collaboration. That is how we supply our clients with cutting-edge solutions and services.
The Clinical Psychologist will provide technical expertise, guidance, and direct clinical service in the area of operational psychology to special operations forces (SOF).
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• May develop, plan and initiate resiliency programs for preventing and treating behavior health issues to support all aspects of a service member readiness and resiliency.
• Conduct psychological evaluations utilizing information from clinical interviews, psychological testing, and collateral sources, as appropriate.
• Practice within the guidelines of their state licensing board, American Psychological Association Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct, and MTF privileges.
• Establish psychiatric diagnoses according to the American Psychiatric Association Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Disorders including providing psychological treatment for individuals and groups, helping medical and surgical patients deal with illnesses or injuries, and assisting in rehabilitation of patients.
• Position requires U.S. Citizenship.
• This position requires a Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain a clearance.
• Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) from an American Psychology Association accredited college or university with a doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology.
• Successful completion of an Internship/Residency in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association.
• Licensure: Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a psychologist in any U.S. State, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico or U.S. Virgin Islands.
• Perform other assignments and duties, as required.
• Obtain practice privileges from the servicing military medical treatment facility.
Desired Education, Experience, Skills or Training:
• Prior military and/or SOF experience is desired.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.