Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is recruiting a highly talented Falcon Project Engineer, Avionics with skills and background related to launch vehicle avionics project engineering to assist the Air Force redefine the future of National Security Space Launch (NSSL). We are seeking experienced and energetic candidates to join our world-class team in El Segundo, CA. This position supports Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC) certification, Non-Recurring Design Validation, and mission activities with SpaceX's Falcon launch vehicles providing launch services for National Security Space Launch (NSSL) satellite missions.
ManTech is actively seeking a motivated, customer-oriented Falcon Heavy Avionics Project Engineer to join our team in the El Segundo, CA area.
- Provide systems and technical engineering support to the U.S. Air Force, Space and Missile Systems Center (SMC), certification/verification programs for SpaceX Falcon launch vehicles being used to provide launch services for Department of Defense (DoD) National Security Space Launch (NSSL) missions.
- Coordinate, schedule and participate in system, sub-system, and component design reviews, Working Groups, and various Engineering Review Boards (ERBs). Collect and track to closure all actions resulting from reviews.
- Develop products such data tables, presentations, and reports in preparation for Engineering Review Boards, Design Reviews and Chief Engineer Review Boards for Air Force customer.
- Review completed team products for completeness and acceptance, and collect and track to closure all actions resulting from reviews.
- Responsible for reporting assessment and evaluation results to senior program managers and customer representatives.
- Interface with a multi-disciplined team consisting of multiple Contractors, Vendors, FFRDC, and Air Force team members.
- Compile and present weekly status charts with FFRDC and AF counterparts, in preparation to present to Air Force leadership.
- Support and record observations of Falcon Heavy launches on-console and document observations in a comprehensive document for customer delivery.
- Consolidate and coordinate reports into a single formal report on a routine basis.
- Tabulate and provide metric charts for various open work tickets, statuses of hardware, risk tickets and other variables as requested.
- Interface with various team members at various levels of all organizations involved and be able to execute successfully in a fast-paced environment.
- Frequent travel required to Los Angeles Air Force Base. Occasional travel to Vandenberg AFB, Cape Canaveral AFS, suppliers, and other sites.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in an engineering or technical field relevant to engineering, and minimum 7 years of related experience, or Master’s Degree in an engineering or technical field with 6 years of related experience, or PhD Degree in an engineering or technical field with 5 years of related experience.
- Technical experience and training (i.e., military technical training, vocational training, and unique experience) may be substituted for degree requirements.
- Strong background and experience in Aerospace and Launch Vehicles in areas of avionics and systems engineering.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, including MS Word, MS Project, and specifically MS Power Point and MS Excel.
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security clearance.
- Familiarity with Air Force Space and Missile Systems Center and experience working with government entities strongly preferred.
- Excellent analytical and critical thinking skills, interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills, and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with launch site operations and systems strongly preferred.
- Corporate experience with Launch Service Providers preferred.
- Active Secret Security clearance strongly preferred.
- Master's Degree desirable.
- Proficiency in Jira, Confluence, and similar project management and collaborative workspace software platforms preferred.
- PMP Certification a plus.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.