MIL Corporation (www.milcorp.com)
The MIL Corporation is seeking a Software Assurance/Security Engineer to develop secure software, integrate security into applications during design and development, and to ensure that security measures are "baked-in" to system software, as well as performing full system lifecycle support, including designing, developing and implementing test plans, test cases, and test processes fueling swift corrective actions, significant cost savings, and fault free audits for a NAWCAD customer located in Patuxent River, Maryland.
- Ensuring security is designed and implemented in system software.
- Conducting software testing, including regression, negative, UI, compatibility, data interface, migration, performance, load, and stress testing.
- Development and implementation of automated test processes.
- Capturing and managing software bugs and defects.
- Developing test strategies and determining test coverage.
- Implementing and verifying QA and QC standards in software artifacts.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or the equivalent.
- 4 years' software development experience developing system software that has met software quality assurance standards and checks.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstration of excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Programming experience in Windows, UNIX and Linux utilizing C, C++, C#, Java and Assembly languages.
- Experience programming TCP/IP-based network communications, IP security, Relational Databases (e.g. SQL, MySQL, SQLite, etc.), and XML/Web Services.
- Experience with Hypervisors (e.g. VMware, KVM, etc.) and Cloud Computing.
- A Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or the equivalent is not mandatory, but would be considered a plus.
- The following certifications are not required, but are highly desired in a candidate: Ã??Ã?Â¢?Ã??Ã?Â¢EC-Council Certified Secure Programmer (ECSP)
- Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP)
- GIAC Secure Software Programmer-Java (GSSP-JAVA)
- GIAC Certified Web Application Defender (GWEB)
- GIAC Secure Software Programmer-.NET (GSSP-.NET)
- Additional certifications which are desired are: Ã??Ã?Â¢?Ã??Ã?Â¢EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- EC-Council Certified Encryption Specialist (ECES)
All applicants for this position must have a current Top Secret clearance; please note that the clearance process takes into account financial background aspects.