Physical Security Systems Engineer/Developer
KBR is seeking a Physical Security Systems Engineer/Developer to support an Electronic Security System (ESS) sustainment program for a Government customer. The ideal candidate will have a background in ESS and in particular systems, controls, architecture and devices for vehicle and pedestrian access control points. Position is contingent on award.
Contract specific qualifications for this position include:
- Support Third Tier sustainment operations and the Systems Engineer Directorate with any testing, upgrades or advances of software or technology.
- Demonstrated capability with traffic safety engineering, automated traffic management, and gate/pedestrian control systems / PLC programming, de-bugging and remote diagnostics.
- Experience with Enterprise-level system integration and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated capability with Field-level programming of IP devices, software applications, HMIs, and PLC embedded hardware.
- Experience with IA hardening on Industrial Control Systems (ICS).
- Experience with Enterprise-level software integration and support.
- Experience with all automated AVG and APT baseline software applications required to configure, update, maintain, manage, operate, and support both onsite and remotely.
- Demonstrated capability with Field-level operational testing and troubleshooting.
- Demonstrated capability to conduct system operational verification testing (SOVT) and compliance audits for deployed and maintained baselines.
- Demonstrated Project Management and coordination of complex systems development, deployment, and support.
- Demonstrated capability to build and conduct operator, technician, and superuser training for automated vehicle gates and automated Pedestrian Turnstiles.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field of study and 4 years with a BA/BS or 8 years with an AA of progressive, related experience. In lieu of formal education, 12 years of progressive, related experience. Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail.
- Certifications in vendor platforms used within the electronic security industry
- Familiarity with Department of Defense (DoD) electronic security related standards
- Ability to effectively communicate with peers and contribute to complex problem solving discussions
- Competency in software products used in daily activities – e.g. computer aided drafting (CAD), Microsoft Office product suite (including Visio)
- Ability to obtain a Secret level clearance
Work will typically take place in an office environment or at customer installation sites, and may require up to 25% travel.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.