Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
ManTech is seeking a dynamic, innovative, Executive Director of Business Development and Capture Management to directly support ManTech’s business unit at our Herndon, VA location. Reporting to the Sales Vice President, this highly visible position will work with the most senior managers across ManTech to develop strategy and drive business growth on the business unit’s’ largest, most strategic opportunities.
- Understanding market trends and technical direction of these customers and translating customer intelligence into compelling capture strategies and solutions is essence of this position. The ideal candidate must be able to leverage a deep mission understanding of customers’ needs and objectives focused in the areas of Systems Engineering & Integration; Software Development; Test & Evaluation; Tactical Communication Systems; Cyber Operations, and Modeling and Simulation. Understanding the full capture lifecycle and has been successful in various customer domains within the federal civilian section.
Additional knowledge and experience with marketing adjacent capabilities in the areas of Enterprise IT; Cyber Operations, ITSM and Managed Services; Data Center, Cloud and Cloud Migration; EITaaS; Data Transport and Systems Integration; Application Development and Modernization; Big Data and Data Analytics.
Responsibilities include market analysis, strategic business planning, and capture strategy/solution development, leading to award of major programs. This position will include oversight of customer contact and positioning; teaming interactions; and coordination with other internal business development, solution architecture and sales resources available across ManTech. Experience with customer relationship management and opportunity tracking as well as experience with a variety of contract types including cost plus fixed fee, fixed price, award fee, and performance-based contracting are key.
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of related experience.
- Prior sales/business development/capture experience essential.
- Track record of successful capturing and winning >$100M new business RFPs
- Demonstrated ability to cross-sell capabilities and solutions into adjacent market
- Understanding the full capture lifecycle and has been successful in various customer domains within the federal civilian section.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered, particularly with military service.
- Demonstrated ability to lead/execute disciplined account management supporting future capture and proposal efforts for large and/or complex captures focused in the areas of Systems Engineering & Integration; Software Development; Test & Evaluation; Modeling & Simulation are essential
- Ability to pivot sell expanding capabilities into Enterprise Information Technology; Data Center, Infrastructure Engineering, Cloud and Cloud Migration; Enterprise IT Application Development, COTS Business Applications, Modernization and Maintenance
- Demonstrated ability to lead/execute disciplined capture efforts for large and complex captures focused on IT Infrastructure;
- Ability to drive/follow the Capture Process from opportunity positioning and qualification through proposal development and opportunity closing
- The candidate must be an organized, aggressive, and highly-skilled professional with proven success in selling in a highly competitive systems engineering and professional service markets to clients.
- Prior experience with the Shipley Business Acquisition Process is preferred
- Ability to drive /follow the Account Management and lead a Capture Process from Opportunity Positioning and Qualification through Proposal Development and Opportunity Closing
- It is preferable that the candidate has held a lead role in a professional services sales organization
*This position can be filled at the Executive Director or Director level.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.