BOS: Project Manager
Provides Project Management leadership by directing the efforts of personnel involved in providing a variety of support to programs involved with US Navy Base Operations Support (BOS) / Facility Support activities including but not limited to Public Works Office, Security Operations; supply operations, laundry services, Morale Welfare and Recreation (MWR) services, galley services, housing operations, facility support services (Facilities Investment, Janitorial Services, Pest Control, Refuse Collection, and Road maintenance), Utility Production and Distribution (Electrical Power, Wastewater Treatment, and Potable Water), Base Support Vehicles Equipment (BSVE) management, and Environmental Services.
- Responsible for operational performance, safety, and profitability of the project or activity.
- Provides operational oversight to ensure work is accomplished according to customer priorities and in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Insures employee awareness of company operating procedures and monitors compliance with all applicable company directives and policies.
- Acts as primary company representative coordinates activities involving the customer, other organizations, and/or company functions.
- Responsible for defining training requirements, developing employee skills, and promoting continuous improvement.
- Develops and implements performance standards and internal controls.
- Skills are typically acquired through completion of an undergraduate degree and 10-15 years of experience in various leadership roles for Navy installation and operational positions.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge or techniques in managing a large organization, work prioritization, and supervisory skills are required for management of mixed labor work force.
- Requires problem recognition, solution development and action step formulation within structured and defined judgment parameters of the job.
- Previous assignments and strong recent work history support Navy BOS / Facility Support operations or contracts in austere or remote environments. Experience with contingency support operations is desired.
- Excellent communication, leadership and inter-personal skills
- Must be capable of obtaining and maintaining a security clearance.
- Safety: KBR enforces a safety culture whereby all employees have the responsibility for continuously developing and maintaining a safe work environment. As appropriate, each employee is responsible for completing all training requirements and participating in emergency response tasks and serving on safety committees and teams.
- Quality: Quality is the foundation for the management of our business and the keystone to our goal of customer satisfaction. It is our policy to consistently provide services that meet customer expectations. Accordingly, each employee must conform to the KBR Quality Policy and carry out job activities in compliance with applicable KBR Quality System documents and customer contracts. Employees must read and understand their Quality Management and Customer Satisfaction responsibilities.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and solutions across the asset and program life cycle within the government services and technology sectors. KBR employs approximately 28,000 people worldwide with customers in more than 80 countries and operations in 40 countries. ?
KBR is proud to work with customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, and long- term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver.