SAIC is seeking a Systems Administrator (SA). The SA will part of a 4-5 member staff of systems administrators. The SA will be responsible for managing the set-up, distribution, and maintenance of a laptop loaner program.
The SA will be the primary administrator responsible for developing and implementing a laptop loaner program for an entire directorate. Responsibilities include laptop setup, backups, security scanning, reporting and remediation. The SA will also be the focal point for establishing and managing laptop network connections to our OCONUS and CONUS partners to facilitate partner collaboration.
The primary functions of the candidate will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide support for IT asset management and property control processes in managing inventories of laptops and related IT infrastructure through the customers control systems.
- O&M of Windows applications such as WSUS, Exchange, SharePoint, SCCM, Google Earth, and audit solutions.
- Knowledge in security hardening of operating systems in a standalone environment as well as through GPOs.
- Research and obtain quotes for hardware/software based on customer requirements.
- Provide superior customer service; possess strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills in a dynamic customer centric environment.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Knowledge of provisioning hardware, storage, resources and configuration/administration, including high-availability and failover services.
- Configuration and O&M of Red Hat 6/7 and Linux-based applications.
- Experience with RAIDs, SANs, High Availability, Backups and Disaster Recovery.
- Experience in configuring network switches, working with VLANs, and knowledge of routing protocols.
- Occasional travel may be required
• Must possess current TS/SCI with Polygraph.
• Must be DoD 8570 IAT Level II compliant (have current CompTIA, Security+ certification)
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent, and 5+ years of experience. Relevant years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
• Experience with security hardening process as it relates to ICD 503
• MS Exchange 2010 and 2013
• VMware management
• Storage engineer/administrator (3PAR, NetApp, etc.)
• SAN switches (Cisco family, Nexus 5k, etc.)
• MS Windows Server 2012/2008 (focus on Active Directory, Group Policy)