28 days on and 28 days Off
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Senior Project Planning Engineer is reporting to the Project Services Lead. Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and maintaining Project Execution Schedules including Level 1/2/3 schedules. Ensure alignment on project assumptions with cost engineering, cost estimation, risk management and project management.
- Implement Schedule requirements of Company into the planning and cascade these to the contractors accordingly.
- Identifying trends or potential slippages and report on these to the Project Engineers or the Project Services Lead.
- Producing regular reports on progress against schedule. Reporting schedule performance index (SPI)
- Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for the project. Understand the list of plans required to execute the assigned project sub-elements and their interface to other sub-elements. Develop the activities, durations as per productivity norms, logic, resources and progress for the assigned project sub-elements, leading to the creation of the baseline schedule and its subsequent maintenance.
- Develop, implement and comply with the planning and progress monitoring procedures.
- Conduct the schedule monthly progress update, forecast, critical path and trend analyses for assigned elements, including any impact from interface areas. Implement and maintain the status reports. Provide regular and comprehensive schedule status reports to project engineers.
- Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches to optimize the plan(s).
- Liaise with and challenge Project Engineering personnel to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers. Ensure application of resource loading and levelling into the project schedules.
- Develop contract key dates, milestones and Project Hub plan dates that align with the overall project schedule. Ensure availability and levelling of resources through the project/portfolio.
- Participate in evaluating bid schedules and reviewing and assessing contractor plans to support contract award recommendations.
- Develop contract sections for planning and progress monitoring and reporting. Review, verify, assess contractors reported progress and ensure that this is reflected in the project schedule.
- Contribute to the translation of the project’s risk profile into the probabilistic risk model and understand the output, including the key risk drivers for the possible range of schedule completion dates. Track the criticality of the main paths to completion and float consumption.
- Provide input data for and participate in benchmarking activities.
- Contribute to close-out data to enable knowledge retention (lessons learned, project data compilation) at completion of work
Education, Skills & Experience:
- BSc., University in preferably Engineering
Experience and Skill set
- Minimum 8 years experience in Project Planning roles in Oil and Gas Industry. 4 years must be in Lead roles managing a team of planning engineers.
- Minimum 5 years experience in Project Planning in Oil and Gas related project delivery
- Minimum 5 years experience in Oil and Gas Project Delivery as Umbrella Contract Senior Planning engineer.
- Hands On Work Experience in Primavera P6 Professional R8.2
- Hands On Capability to execute Probabilistic Analysis of Project schedules using Permaster/Primavera Risk Analysis
- Broad knowledge and experience of Project Planning, tools and practices.
- Good understanding on the application of parameters to carry out progress measurements in project schedules, schedule recovery plans, weightages allocations, s-curves developments, critical path identification and rebaselining requirements and implementations.
- Ability to work and manage in a multi-cultural environment with good understanding of planning parameters to be considered in middle east.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .