General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
This position is not yet funded. GDIT has a future opportunity for a Senior Program Manager. In this role, you will leverage leading-edge IT solutions to improve the customer's mission effectiveness while continuously seeking opportunities to increase efficiency through improved processes and technology. Our team will deliver the full breadth of IT services, including infrastructure engineering and operations, cyber security, and desk side support services.
The Program Manager will oversee and manage all aspects of the program and will serve as primary point of contact between GDIT staff and the federal leadership. The PM will also have responsibility for program execution, staff development, contract management, and financial management. This position is for full time employment and will be based 5 days a week at the customer’s offices located Washington, DC.
· Meet with clients to gain feedback on team performance and take action to address gaps, if any.
· Mitigate risks, controls costs and schedule variance, and effectively manages large scale, integrated projects.
· Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
· Work with the team to develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other staff members
· Ensure efficient delivery of contract capabilities using industry standards and repeatable processes including an ITIL framework.
· Manage and oversee subcontractors, as well as full time employees. Direct the work of employees assigned to the program from technical and administrative areas.
· Direct all phases of the program from inception through completion. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of the program.
· Participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
· Coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
· Act as primary customer contact for program activities, leading program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
· Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules, identifies program problems and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
· Review status of projects and budgets, manages schedules, and prepares status reports.
· Assess project issues and develop resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives.
· Develop mechanisms for monitoring project progress and for intervention and problem solving with project managers, line managers, clients and other stakeholders.
Required Skills and Experience -
· Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred, and 10 + years of overall program management experience in IT programs
· Experience managing IT Service Delivery of infrastructure work (additional experience overseeing service desk is a plus)
· Experience managing cost-type budgets, reviewing invoices, contracts, etc
· PMP Certification required, PgMP Certification (preferred)
· ITIL Foundations certified (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
· Experience managing government contracts
· Experience leading and managing large federal worldwide programs
Desired Qualifications -
· Experience managing and/or creating SLA, OLA and process improvements
· Excellent client-facing communication skills
· Experience with the business development growth lifecycle (business development, capture, and/or proposal)
· Technical IT infrastructure and/or service desk backgroundWe are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.