General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Windows/Linux Systems Administrator
Secret Clearance (SSBI) Required
Install, configure, and maintaining back-end Windows Server 2012/2016/2019, SQL Server 2016/2017/2019, and Red Hat Enterprise Linux v7/v8 servers on both physical hardware and virtual machines. Install and make initial configurations of cybersecurity tools such as Splunk Core and Enterprise Security, ACAS, HBSS, EnCase End Point Security, and Incident Tracker. Provide operational support such as server monitoring, backups, patching, and other duties as required. Develop and maintain system documentation, operating procedures, network/system drawings as required. Create and maintain user accounts in accordance with local procedures.
Apply appropriate DISA STIGs and execute assessments/checks for applicable STIGs to ensure systems are properly configured. Conduct quarterly reviews of emergent DISA STIG releases and applies updated security controls. Conduct testing to ensure enterprise security is not impacted by proposed releases/deployments. Implement mitigations of security vulnerabilities in response to IAVAs. Create and maintain system documentation and architecture diagrams to support the RMF accreditation process.
May be required to perform duties as an alternate Splunk Operator; If so, appropriate vendor training will be provided.
- A Windows Server or Linux certification required; SQL certification a plus.
- Experience installing, configuring, and using Splunk preferred.
- Experience installing, configuring, and using Red Hat Enterprise Linux v6 or later preferred.
- 10-15 years’ experience maintaining Microsoft Server 2012 R2 / 2018 / 2019 operating systems.
- 5-8 years’ experience maintaining SQL Server, databases, and instances to include developing backup and data recovery strategies.
- Experience maintaining and using Linux operating systems, to include a firm understanding of Linux file system and file permissions.
- Must be able to deploy, operate, and maintain a Red Hat Satellite 6.6 or later.
- Experience integrating and fielding system patches and releases to maintain a solid system security posture in accordance with RMF requirements and guidelines.
- Experience managing virtual machines deployed with a distributed ESXi environment.
- Understanding of ESXi Virtual Environments to include snapshots and V-Motion a plus.
- Desired experience with fault tolerant systems - designing, developing disaster recovery plans, developing backup procedures, restoration of files/file systems/storage media.
- Must be able to operate independently with little or no supervision.
- Candidate must be able to meet German TESA requirements.
- Candidate must possess DoD 8570 IAT Level II certification on Day 1.
- Candidate must obtain ITIL Foundation certification within 90 days of hire.
German TESA requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
- An associate’s degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
- A major certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR;
- 11 years of recent specialized experience.
#dpost #cjobs #cjpost #isdcj #GDITRecruiterWe are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.