Kellogg Brown & Root (www.kbrjobs.com)
Terra Flight Software (FSW) Subsystem Systems Engineer
Around here, we define the future.
KBR believes that exploring space means more than charting the final frontier. Spaceflight is a giant step toward advancing our knowledge of the universe and ourselves.
The Terra Flight Systems group is looking for a Flight Software Subsystem Systems Engineer to join their team.
• Directly report to the Terra Flight Systems Manager (FSM)
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the FSW subsystem for the spacecraft. Hardware components include onboard computer, spacecraft bus, etc. However, focus will be on the software on the onboard computer (e.g. Stored Commanding, Fault Management, etc.)
• Monitor the trending and analysis data for the FSW subsystems on a daily, weekly, monthly and long term basis
• Assist online engineers in identifying and correcting FSW problems encountered in real-time at anytime including off-hours/weekends
• Assist offline engineers in identifying and correcting spacecraft issues
• Understand Fault Detection, Isolation and Recovery (FDIR) and how to respond to all FSW related spacecraft anomalies
• Develop/Create process improvements, enhancements for the FSW subsystems and spacecraft in order to improve accuracy or efficiency
• Create and update FSW procedures, pages, plots, etc
• Train new online engineers about the FSW subsystem
• Submit monthly and other report status of the FSW subsystem as needed
• Attend all necessary meeting related to the FSW subsystem and spacecraft. This can include leading FSW related meetings and/or providing inputs for the FSW subsystem.
• Coordinate modifications of the FSW subsystem with the Terra FSSE software maintenance group
• Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Terra simulators (start-up process, troubleshooting, and special scenario generation).
BS degree in engineering or related discipline (Math, Physics, Computer Science)
At least 6 months spacecraft operations experience
Preferred Skills/Qualifications:1-year spacecraft operations experience 1 year of experience on EOS missions (Terra, Aqua, or Aura)
Experience with Terra, ECLIPSE, ITPS, MMS, SSIM, MS Office, VBA, Matlab, Python
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program lifecycle within the Government Solutions and Energy sectors. KBR employs approximately 38,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries, across three synergistic global businesses:
Government Solutions , serving government customers globally, including capabilities that cover the full lifecycle of defense, space, aviation and other government programs and missions from research and development, through systems engineering, test and evaluation, program management, to operations, maintenance, and field logistics
Technology Solutions , featuring proprietary technology, equipment, catalysts, digital solutions and related technical services for the monetization of hydrocarbons, including refining, petrochemicals, ammonia and specialty chemicals, as well as inorganics
Energy Solutions , including onshore oil and gas; LNG (liquefaction and regasification)/GTL; oil refining; petrochemicals; chemicals; fertilizers; differentiated EPC; maintenance services (Brown & Root Industrial Services); offshore oil and gas (shallow-water, deep-water, subsea); floating solutions (FPU, FPSO, FLNG & FSRU); program management and consulting services
KBR is proud to work with its customers across the globe to provide technology, value-added services, integrated EPC delivery and long term operations and maintenance services to ensure consistent delivery with predictable results. At KBR, We Deliver .