SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Provide technical support to organizations internal users of desktop applications and hardware. Answer questions related to procedures, transactions, system status, interacting with network services and application developers in order to restore service, usability, and identify problems. Under direct supervision, assists in monitoring, responding, configuring, installing, and repairing hardware and software problems according to established procedures. Skills are typically through a high school diploma or equivalent and 1+ years of experience.
The Personal Computer Support Technician provides support to distributed PC/networking environment including installation, testing, repair, and troubleshooting for stand-alone PCs, PCs linked to networks, printers, and other computer peripherals. Support responsibilities include software installation, and configurations. This technician performs technical, operational, and training support to users of personal computers either by telephone, or on-site for PC desktop hardware and software packages. Job duties require the technician to install and test personal computers, printers, and other peripherals, configure operating system, load shrink-wrap programs and other application software programs. In this position, the incumbent troubleshoots computer problems, performs hardware and software diagnostics, coordinates needed repairs, resolves computer system problems, including coordination between users and components of a local area network, and participates in the evaluation of system configuration and software.
Clarification of Duties on the NGEN Contract (duties that fall into this category that are not clearly outlined by the DOL):
While not always the main function of a Personal Computer Support Technician, a good portion of the tasks an Personal Computer Support Technician will complete, involve computer work. These duties may include:
- May send emails and reports in relation to employees that may be assigned to their areas of operations. This may include timesheets, requests for leave, safety reports, etc.
- May Use Microsoft Office (Or equivalent software applications) to review, modify, distribute and complete reports and schedules as needed.
- May install/uninstall software applications on computers.
- May diagnosis basic computer related issues, reporting problems to their supervisor for action items needed to correct problems.
- May do basic computer related software repairs.
- May do basic computer related peripheral installation.
- May assist manager in enterprise related reports and corresponding emails as needed.
- Relay direction to employees VIA email.
- Complete Inventory Research at the request of the KBR Manager.
- Complete all required DELTEK operations (Time and expense recording) in accordance to all KBR policies and procedures.
- Complete all Learning Management System requirements as set by KBR
- Complete all Computer guided orientation as required on the NGEN contract (Active shooter training, PII training, ETC).
- Perform any other Manager assigned computer work in relation to the NGEN contract.
The Personal Computer Support Technician is a part of the normal warehouse team and as such will adhere to all safety and security policies for warehouse operations and assist in warehouse activities as needed including:
- Personal Computer Support Technician report directly to either their assigned KBR Material Coordinator or KBR Manager. KBR employees DO NOT report directly to/nor take direction from the customer. As such, before performing any duties assigned to them by the customer or anyone other than their KBR Manager, they will get clarification and confirmation accordingly.
- Maintain warehouse cleanliness and organization.
- Perform Physical and Systematic Inventory of the customer's equipment as needed.
- Provide direction and guidance to team members accordingly.
- Ensure all team members assigned to their project/area/team, are compliant with job requirements, KBR safety and security policies.
- Reports any problems, concerns, ideas and questions to the KBR Manager for direction, clarification or resolution.
- Pull Equipment from inventory, preparing it for shipment as needed (both local shipments VIA KBR trucks, and other shipments using customer approved venders).
- Place equipment in assigned areas, locations, bins, shelves, racks, etc as directed by Material Coordinator or Manager also Transfer of equipment between locations (and/or Buildings if required) forklifts, powered handcarts, hand trucks, dollies, etc.
- Perform any other Manager assigned duties in relation to the warehouse operations on NGEN.
Requirements as per the SOW provided by the Customer and/or KBR (If at any time the status of the employee fails to meet one or more of these requirements, you are required to immediately report it to your KBR Manager):
- Requires a DoD clearance be maintained. (Employee must have this certification before they work in this Labor Category)
- US Citizen
- Background Check free of felony convictions
QUALIFIED CANDIDATES MUST VISIT WWW.KBRJOBS.COM AND APPLY FOR CONSIDERATION.