SAIC is currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Oracle Database Administrator to join our team in Arlington, VA. This role will support the Defense Readiness Reporting System in Database administration, supporting functions across one or more teams, including designing, implementing and maintaining databases, backup/recovery and configuration management. Additionally, this role will lead efforts to accelerate development of automation scripts for deployment, configuration, security hardening and patch management of standard database and Web Service platforms using pre-developed automation assets. Job Responsibilities:
1. Working with other teams to consolidate database instances and storage using capacity and performance analysis tools to identify underutilized instances, duplicate copies of data and identify associated server, network and storage resources that can be “right sized" in preparation for transition to new CoLo datacenter or hybrid cloud.
2. Solving database and SQL performance issues using Oracle native tools.
3. Provide leadership in problem determination/analysis and isolate system problems utilizing diagnostic and system management tools (i.e. system dumps and system/component traces, monitoring tools, vendor problem databases).
4. Maintain security hardened baseline configurations and deploy security (patches), software maintenance (patches) and new software releases and supporting products infrastructure as directed by the system owner, policy, or the Cybersecurity Directorate.
5. Maintain up-to-date documentation of all procedures, infrastructure diagrams, system configuration and baseline standards, implementation plans, system back out plans, system recovery plans, maintenance plans, system upgrades, and all system changes.
6. Provide leadership in process, management and resolution of all event, warning, alert, as well as alarm messages. Contractor shall design and implement automated responses to system issues (e.g., automatic failover, resource allocation adjustments).
Required Education and Experience:
High School Diploma and 8 years experience; Or, Associates and 6 years experience; Or, Bachelors and 4 years experience; Or, Masters and 2 years experience; Or, PhD and 0 years experience.
US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance. An active Secret clearance is required to be considered for this opening.