full-time employee contract
The network engineer will support the NAS Fallon range. Assist with the creation, update and documentation of the Fallon IT networks.
Point-of-contact for engineering projects in support of the Northwest Tactical Training Range Networks.
Identify and recommend enhancements to the LAN/WAN infrastructure.
Prepare, deliver, and submit technical papers.
Utilize, configure, and implement network monitoring systems.
Analyze, and report network bandwidth metrics to meet connectivity requirements.
Performance monitoring and tuning to resolve/prevent performance bottlenecks.
Develop and maintain network documentation and diagrams/drawings in collaboration with Drafting and Documentation team.
Assist fellow engineers with all networking aspects of their assigned tasks.
Conduct site surveys and document findings
Draft, review, validate, and approve engineering change requests
Tier III technical support for network infrastructure, server farm, and end systems
Develop and recommend policies and procedure
Review and implement STIG's in compliance with all rules, regulations and policies. Coordinate with engineering and O&M departments to ensure that security implementations dont break functionality.
Work Environment, Physical Demands, and Mental Demands:
Typical office environment with no unusual hazards, occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting while using the computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, constant mental alertness, must possess planning/organizing skills, and must be able to work under deadlines. Routine travel to remote site facilities may be involved.
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
Bachelors Degree and 5 years experience required. Compliance with all OSHA, State, Federal, DoD, and Amentum safety rules and regulations is mandatory. Expereince can be substituted in lieu of education requirement.
Minimum 5 years experience in the following areas:
- Advanced Network Troubleshooting Experience
- Advanced LAN/WAN design and implementation
- Conduct site surveys and develop supporting documentation
- Configuring and monitoring wireless bridge connections
- Possess and maintain DoD Secret Clearance
- Must be a US citizen
- Must possess a valid state Driver's License
- Able to speak, read, and write English
- Must have IAT Level II Certifications
- CASP CE, CCNP Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED,
GCIH required to start
- CISSP or CASP required within 6 months of hire
-Network certification, such as Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) - OR - Juniper Networks Certified Internet Professional (JNCIP)
-An understanding of the Systems Engineering Process
-Proficient with Solar Winds Orion IT Monitoring applications
-Familiar with DISA's Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
-Familiar with Microsoft Visio and/or Autodesk AutoCAD
-Familiar with IETF RFC's and IEEE Standards
-Troubleshooting T1/T3 circuits
-configuring and monitoring microwave data links
-Understanding of IPv4, TCP, UDP, OSPF, BGP, MPLS
Must maintain CyberSecurity Workforce continuing education requirements and complete all required educational requirements/training in compliance with DoD rules, regulations and policies.
This position has been designated as a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce position in specialty area 44 (Network Services) and as a condition of employment incumbents of the position are required to comply with the DON Cyber IT/CSWF Program requirements of SECNAV M-5239.2, which include:
1. Earn and maintain appropriate credentials from the Cyber IT/CSWF Qualification Matrix (described in SECNAV M-5239.2) associated with the specialty area and level commensurate with the scope of major assigned duties for the position to which you are assigned, and;
2. Participate in a continuous learning program as described in SECNAVINST 1543.2. A minimum of 40 hours of Cyber IT/CSWF related continuous learning annually documented in a current individual development plan signed by both the employee and supervisor.