Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Junior Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to join our team in Washington, DC.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the day-to-day implementation, oversight, continuous monitoring, and maintenance of the security configuration, practices, and procedures for each IS
- Provide liaison support between the system owner and other IS security personnel
- Ensure that selected security controls are implemented and operating as intended during all phases of the IS lifecycle
- Ensure that system security documentation is developed, maintained, reviewed, and updated on a continuous basis
- Conduct required IS vulnerability scans according to risk assessment parameters.
- Develop Plan of Action and Milestones (POAMs) in response to reported security vulnerabilities
- Manage the risks to ISs and other FBI assets by coordinating appropriate correction or mitigation actions, and oversee and track the timely completion of (POAMs)
- Coordinate system owner concurrence for correction or mitigation actions
- Monitor security controls for FBI ISs to maintain security Authorized to Operate (ATO)
- Upload all security control evidence to the Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) application to support security control implementation during the monitoring phase
- Ensure that changes to an FBI IS, its environment, and/or operational needs that may affect the authorization status are reported to the system owner and IS Security Manager (ISSM)
- Ensure the removal and retirement of ISs being decommissioned in coordination with the system owner, ISSM, and ISSR
- At least 3 years serving as an Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO) at a cleared facility.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a computer science or Cybersecurity related field.
- Hold Aat least one of the following certifications: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Global Information Security Professional (GISP), or the CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP) or other certifications exemplifying skill sets such as those described in DoD Instruction 8570.1 Information Assurance Management (IAM) Level I proficiency.
- Familiarity with the use and operation of security tools including Tenable Nessus and/or Security Center, IBM Guardium, HP Weblnspect, Network Mapper (NMAP), and/or similar applications.
- A bachelor's or advanced degree in Computer Science, Cybersecurity, or other cyber discipline is preferred
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%.
- Needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine and computer printer.
- Often positions self to maintain computers in the lab, including under the desks and in the server closet.
- Frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers, which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- May be asked to move Audio/Visual or Computer equipment weighing up to 50 pounds across and/or around a business campus or large facility.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.