Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Currently, ManTech is seeking an experienced, career and customer-oriented Contractor Program Security Officer (Master) to join our team in the Dahlgren, Virginia area to provide unparalleled support to our customer and to begin an exciting and rewarding career within ManTech.
This position is responsible for the daily management, oversight, and security policy development in support of Special Access Programs (SAPs). A high level of Test and Evaluation experience is a must as this position is the primary security action officer for sensitive test plans. This position will require little supervision from government management and personnel, with a high degree of latitude to exercise independent judgement to accomplish work.
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in the Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions group. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide SAP security management and administration to multiple SAP elements
- Develops security policy, practices and procedures for a variety of organizations and test events
- Must be able to analyze difficult and complex security situations or problems and independently, determine the applicability of established protocols, the need to deviate from normal methods or the need to waive security standards
- Lead security compliance oversight inspection teams to ensure compliance with the National Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoDM 5205.07 series, ICD 705, and program SCGs for various classified programs
- Serves as the reviewing authority for program Security Classification Guides (SCGs)
- Provide oversight of CPSO-Js and security specialists on local procedures for delegation and exercise of classification guidance, document marking, safeguarding and use
- Provides final decisions on classification and declassification requirements for programs and projects
- Ensure facility physical security compliance IAW with DoDM 5205.07 series, ICD 705, and program SCGs
- Ensure documentation and accreditation of SAP facilities are performed; fixed facility checklist (FFC) and TEMPEST requirements are met
- Implement all applicable requirements to maintain Facility IDS
- Initiate and review facility co-utilization agreements (MOA) and memorandums of understanding (MOU) for resident non-MDA SAPs
- Ensure personnel security compliance; provide policy interpretation and guidance for the personnel security program for all personnel involved with SAPs
- Establish policy for processing program access requests (PAR) for military, civilian and contractor personnel
- Develop security plans and procedures for safeguarding classified information
- Responsible for planning, establishing, organizing and conducting security education, training and awareness for all SAP briefed personnel
- Present indoctrination, debrief, and refresher training for program briefed personnel regarding obligations to protect classified information
- Oversee the Top Secret Control Officer Account; Conduct annual inventory of accountable classified material
- Coordinates directly with action officers and senior level personnel
- Attend high-level program meetings as security representative
- Provide security support at program working groups/conferences
- Provide guidance and oversight to defense contractors
- Provide/maintain courier briefings; create courier authorizations for government signature
- Verify program Access Rosters
- Transmit accomplished PIAs and PARs; assists in SAP pre-briefings, indoctrinations, and debriefs as required; extensive knowledge of JADE is required
- Must be knowledgeable of OPSEC principals, policies, vulnerability assessments and countermeasure development and Program Protection Plan (PPP) development
- Travel is required to both CONUS and O'CONUS locations
- Over 10 years of experience as a PSO with at least 5 cumulative years in acquisition SAPs
- The last SAP-related position must be within the last 9 months
- Strong writing ability is required
- MS/MA in related field or a combination of lower level education, formal training and experience beyond the Master baseline
- Capable of providing team leadership for a wide variety of security related tasks.
- Successful candidates possess extensive expertise, theoretical knowledge, and analytical abilities to synergize and apply personnel, industrial, physical, personnel, IT/IA and information security principals as they apply to Special Access Programs (SAPs); will have significant experience as the primary security officer for sensitive test plans.
- Must be able to be in a stationary position more than 50% of the time
- Must be able to communicate, converse, and exchange information with peers and senior personnel
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a computer
Top Secret (within 6 year scope) with current SCI eligibility is a must.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.