Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Senior Network Engineer to join our team in the Chantilly, VA location.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform complex O&M activities by monitoring, troubleshooting, and reporting to resolve performance problems in the network utilize network analysis tools
- Prepare Operations & Maintenance (O&M) checklists to maintain service, Tactics, Techniques and Process (TTPs), and Standard Operating Processes (SOPs) associated with service checklists
- Perform upgrades to existing network configurations, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being upgraded and the specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal network performance
- Engineer and propose baseline network configurations for integration into the network, using knowledge of the performance characteristics of the systems being added to the network and the specifications for network interfaces to insure effective integration and optimal network performance
- Create network standards and baselines for network operations by evaluating, designing, documenting, and tuning network technologies and provide recommendations to improve the network performance while maintaining security compliance
- Provide internal consulting, technical guidance, information and support to application developers, computer operations, workstation support, company management, and departmental clients
- Provide status reports based on customer and program requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in a Computer Science or related field or equivalent, and 5 to 7 years of related experience
- Meet IAT Level II DoD 8140/8570 Certification guidelines
- Experience administering GEMX software and/or working with Type 1 Encryptors
- Applying NIST SP 800-53 security controls to meet the requirements set by the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA)
- Network automation know-how using tools and programing languages
- Experience using packet analysis tools to decode data flows and diagnose protocol level errors
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- ITIL v3.0 or above Foundation Certifications highly desired
- CCNP Routing and Switching or CCNP Data Center certifications
- Experience using Cisco Prime Infrastructure and SolarWinds
- Working experience using Microsoft Project to track project schedules
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Willingness to work after normal duty hours (nights and weekends) as needed
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active Top Secret clearance adjudicated within the past 6 years.
- Stationary work at an office desk setting
- Light movement that may include moving objects up to 20 pounds
- Traversing to accomplish tasks by moving from one work site to another or between different floors in a building
- Communicating with others to exchange information
- Ability to perceive, assess, and work with digital data
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.