Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Solar Analysis Technical Advisor to join our team in Washington, D.C. supporting the Department of Energy (DOE).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leveraging his/her energy sector and program management expertise to provide strategic guidance and support to DOE on the design of federal funding opportunities or other programs that support the reduction of the non-hardware costs of solar energy (soft costs, e.g., permitting, financing, and labor and workforce).
- Leading multi-faceted technical assistance programs that connect solar industry stakeholders (local and state governments, utilities, non-profits, for-profits, etc.) with the technical information and tools necessary to reduce soft cost barriers to solar, working with national laboratories and other awardees to develop high-quality technical assistance offerings.
- Assisting in the development of new funding opportunities, programs, and other mechanisms to reduce the soft costs of solar energy. Tasks can include developing or commissioning research and analyses to inform program activities, drafting call for proposal topics and other materials, supporting and managing application reviews, and negotiating scopes of work.
- Managing and monitoring a portfolio of projects and/or programs, providing guidance and oversight to awardees, and preparing quarterly performance assessments.
- Ability to travel domestically, as needed.
- Attending industry conferences and events to stay up-to-date about solar and related industry stakeholder needs and provide recommendations for DOE program improvements.
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in science, engineering, or public policy.
- At least 5 years of experience managing energy programs and/or energy-related technical assistance programs for an institution or government.
- At least 5 years of experience in the renewable industry, utility, energy planning, or other energy-related fields.
- Strong writing, negotiation, and analytical skills.
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-disciplinary team within a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Advanced degree preferred (Masters, Doctorate, and/or Masters in Business Administration).
Security Clearance Requirements: Applicants must be a US Citizen and Ability to obtain a DOE Public Trust (Must obtain Public Trust clearance prior to setting start date)
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing/walking/Talking and must be able to remain in a stationary position 50%.
- ?Moving about to accomplish tasks or moving from one work site to another.
- The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Requires frequently communicates with co-workers, management and customers which may involve delivering presentations. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Communicating with others to exchange information.
- Must be able to assess the quality of applications, reports and other data.
- Working with computers.
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click email@example.com and provide your name and contact information.