Description We are seeking a motivated and customer oriented Remote Senior SCRUM Master to join our team working from home to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC.
Potential Remote/Virtual work (on site work required on a "needs" basis).
The candidate will work within a US government contract to support a Cloud based SaaS Acquisition Management System that is on the forefront of modern Agile best practices.
As a Sr. Scrum Master, you will inspire and empower collaborative teams to deliver quality, innovative, and highly scalable web-based application to end client. Sr. Scrum Master is a critical member of the core delivery team empowered to help building high performing teams, shippable product, and be responsible for Acquisition related data. Sr. Scrum Master will support one or more delivery teams within a fast-paced application development environment.
The ideal Sr. Scrum Master will have prior Data migration (ETL) experience along with coaching teams and other Scrum Masters on Agile best practices, processes, and tools. This role will champion improvement of adoption and continued improvement of agile, software engineering, and DevOps practices.
· Strong knowledge of Scrum Framework, guidelines, and practices and able to coach the team and organization in Agile/Scrum practices.
· Foster an environment of open communication among the team to raise issues and impediments often and early to improve transparency.
· Organize and facilitate Agile ceremonies, including but not limited to: Program Increment Meetings, Daily Stand-Up Meetings, Iteration Reviews, Retrospective Meetings, and Backlog Refinement Meetings.
· A good understanding of the Data migration (ETL) processes and procedures to guide the team and management on regular basis.
· Drive requirements clarification via standard data migration techniques such as lean driven task/workflow analysis to identify epics and breakdown epics into stories with acceptance test criteria to be used to plan and execute iterations.
· Provides business and systems analysis support for the project, collaborate with customers and developers to identify, define, interpret, and clarify scope of problems/issues in terms of business/systems requirements and processes.
· Create and frequently track standard Agile Metrics (burn downs, feature tracking, velocity, etc.) using the Atlassian ToolSuite; JIRA and Confluence.
· Direct and supervise all support resources for the performance of project assignments and activities.
· Supporting and educating the Product Owner, working with the key stakeholders to keep them engaged in the development process. Assist the team in sizing the User Stories for each iteration.
· Responsible for the preparation of contract deliverables as directed by the PM.
· Must be a U.S. Citizen (or GC with 3years of continuous stay in US) and eligible to get Government Clearance.
· Minimum 4 years of Scrum Master experience in Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
· Requires BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience or MS with 10 years of prior relevant experience; or an additional 4 years of related experience in lieu of degree.
· Must have Data Migration (ETL) experience in multiple projects in the past.
· Leadership skills and knowledge of facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
· Strong verbal/written communication skills and facilitation skills to effectively lead discussions across multiple groups.
· At least one Agile Certification: CSM/PSM, SAFe Agile, PMI-ACP
Nice to Have:
· Expertise in managing Jira/Confluence collaboration tools.
· Familiarity with other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc.
· Understanding of Government Acquisition and Contracting process and procedures.
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail.
· Awareness and experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing.
· SAFe certified and engaged in several Agile programs based on SAFe.
· Demonstrated ability to coach/mentor team members in Agile methodologies.